cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Coronavirus Food Assistance Program, what's not in it.

https://www.agriculture.com/news/business/what-is-in-usda-s-19-billion-coronavirus-relief-program

Anyone else notice what's not in the Ag bailout program?  Namely ethanol.  Most of it is earmarked for livestock producers.  Now I'm not saying that the livestock producers don't need a hand, because they do but keep in mind that in all likelihood, they're going to be able to buy corn at $3 and soybeans at $7 so their costs are coming down very substantially for the medium term.

And did you notice Perdue's comment about horticulture, "extraneous"?  I don't know about where you are but fruit and wine is a big deal in lot of states that don't necessarily have a lot of corn & beans.

As for ethanol, given that 40% of the corn normally goes to ethanol, I just happen to think that it's pretty important and the fact that corn farmers have lost 40% or more of their market is a pretty big deal.

But then again, we know all about this administration's bias against biofuels in general and ethanol in particular.

6 Replies
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Re: Coronavirus Food Assistance Program, what's not in it.

Govt has a problem if they open up ethanol to direct payment as oil industry will want to "me too" the program, and then you are talking hundreds of billions of dollars

thus, you will see a drip/drip through payments attributed to corn 

likely that half or more of the losses a result of KSA/Russia issues rather than Covad-19

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Heat and Spring

Might help stamp out corona. 

Sounds like Church is open for Sunday Services in Las Cruces New Mexico this weekend. .

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re:The ave daily temp of Singapore is ....

The average daily temperature of Singapore is 76 to 89 all year long and they've got their hands full with a second wave virus explosion.  Apparently the heat hasn't helped them one bit.

So go to church, shut the doors & windows,  turn on the air conditioner and I'll guarantee you that people will die.

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:The ave daily temp of Singapore is ....

@rickgthf wrote:

The average daily temperature of Singapore is 76 to 89 all year long and they've got their hands full with a second wave virus explosion.  Apparently the heat hasn't helped them one bit.

So go to church, shut the doors & windows,  turn on the air conditioner and I'll guarantee you that people will die.

Question:

Why did You give up?

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Church ? That won’t save you people.  The guy that was elected to protect you is putting everyone at the most risk.  Science is your only savior now and most have turned an ignorant eye on that a long time ago with the help of the nonbeliever leader.  Good luck out there fellas, when in doubt know that some of us still do care who lives and dies.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Get a life

And with all that we will all still die.............. of something.... 

We deserve to succumb if we can't live with risk like all of previous generations have.  Freedom to attend whatever you choose is the only thing we have lost.  Death was always ours and still is......   Death is not important and unavoidable, it is how you choose to live that is worthwhile.

We baby boomers have lived with the benefits of a gilded and a majority status....... why would we not expect not to go in large numbers....... to whatever the cause?????

Grab a historical perspective and stop whining?

Marketing wise in agriculture we haven't had a competitive marketplace for decades.  Not on the input side or on the sales side........ Grab a seat.... The international corporate businesses are all we have left and there is no historical comparative or guide to where those too spineless to enforce monopoly laws have taken us.

0 Kudos