cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNalfalfa
Contributor

Correlation between crop tour and 30 day precip map?

For those of you who are more familiar with the crop tour route, how does the remaining route correlate to the 30 day precip map?  Will they hit the wetter or dryer areas?  Both?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: Correlation between crop tour and 30 day precip map?

In IND, they hit only the great soils, most of which have had more rain than the other areas.

In IA/MN they will hit the dry areas.

btw, there are not any wet areas left north of MO/KY/TN.

0 Kudos
NDf
Senior Contributor

To see for yourself go to the agweb.com they show you the route on the home page by color shadeing states they go thru. Then hit the weather link and it has a rain accumation for the entire US for a number of different time periods.

0 Kudos
ehoff4187600
Frequent Contributor

85% of MO is going on 10 days w/o rain and only a small portion had over .5" 10 days ago. no rain in the 7-10 day forecast with 90 degrees every day. Only hope is that most of MO was planted 14 days late. Ussually rain is need prior to Aug 25 to really help. This year that date is probably Sept 5 for MO.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Clay knobs, sand seams, and tight gumbo were showing stress today and we didn't crack 90...............

Corn is what it is and this will not help............

Cracks out there nearly as big as last year.........

Ehoff, you headed to the lake this weekend........shootout weekend.........gunna be fun......
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Good thing those cracks are opening up again......Maybe I can find that cresent wrench that I lost last year down one of those cracks.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

If your luck is like mine, it's usually a screwdriver stuck in the front combine tire.
0 Kudos
crophugger
Senior Contributor

In SD they must have at the little green area on cx map would say here in NESD there will be a few choppers running shortly.

The beans thats a whole nother story

0 Kudos
ehoff4187600
Frequent Contributor

Not going this weekend but next. If you are coming down 5 our place is 17 miles south of Boonville on 5. Shoot me an email if you want.

0 Kudos