cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Cross roads!

If we don't get into some kind of a skermish,ag. products are going to sky rocket in the next few years. I am in an area of (specialty crops) and the acres are battling for acres against grains and vegtables.Specialty crops are going to realy become just that,(SPECIALTY CROPS!)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Cross roads!

Which Ag products are you predicting to sky rocket? I don't understand.
0 Kudos
Advisor

You mean specialty beans/ veg? I am considering growing Ming beans on loamy sands that are considered wheat/hay ground. Apparently they are well adapted to the desert. Just waiting for the regulatory approval here.

Ip soy doesn't have enough premium right now. All anyone grows for specialty around me is Chinese Veg and potatoes/ dry bean.

How bout you?
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

They keep legalizing marijuana in more and more states.... Cash crop? Haha
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Specialty crops, we are looking at thousands of acre going in to hazel nuts annualy,grapes,berrys,and certified seeds.All commanding higher pricing because grains are higher and resulting in a land shortage.What are we going to have left for land to raise forage on for the live stock sector?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

If the prices were attractive there is a lot of ground through the Appilacian foothills that could be used for some specialty crops that can grow on hills and small fields that are not big enough for traditional grain equipment. Most of this ground has pretty poor nutrients and a lot of wildlife pressure.
0 Kudos