cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: DId you see the cattle inventory report?

It appears it wasn't very favorable having a negative trade balance with China--with them  having accumulated all of this cash to out spend us in various parts of the world with our only playing card being ag products--if one gets into a bidding war for ag land with China---guess who is the looser ?  Having watched Oprah today on meat and vegan diets--the move against high$$$ meat is already in progress with the program being equal time on both sides---probably lucky we have the numbers where they are --

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The move against meat has been ongoing for decades, yet here we are with either all time or near all time highs for meats.  I would say the vegans and animal rights people are thus far losing the war.  The meats sector was here long before ethanol, and it will be here long after ethanol. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I am encouraged at the new ideology that Cargill meats are using--"end user friendly" instead of the "shuv it" attitude ---the show never really addressed the "ground beef' question which I would think be helpful for the producer and consumer ? 

0 Kudos