cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: DON'T Shoot the messenger

Oh poor baby, what happened to all those nice warm days you were holding over me. I agree, Shakria has a nice pair of singles. Looks like your about to he drilled with rain, is that correct?
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

ECIN,

i wondered if ARE YOU FEELING cooler air from front NOW?.....who the heck is Shakria....singer huh? you singin' along w/ her and she must have great lungs to be able to sing so firmly well,...ummmmm, i mean ....good.

oh, shakira. i see now......iz that shak(q)'s doter-----looks young...

geez, 2 stations still above 90* in west/central Tx. D.P. above 70* here.

"what a world, what a world"

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Seems like yer burnin' too much fuel in the tractor, Shaggy.....E Z

0 Kudos
Advisor

Wheat really got smacked on the last cold snap. Tips burned back and seems to be sitting still trying to figure out whether to grow or not. I do not remember 1980, but do remember the rest of the early 80s as having tough winters. Hauled haygrazer all over and got rid of a lot of hay we had accumulated. Corn going in ground here.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

i think it was '84-'85 when it snowed down to Lub.............U saying corn going in now or back then?

thanks

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Man oh man --did it Rock And Roll here ALL night long --- All night long ? Man that sounds like that would make a good song ! Will have to work on that one , lol  But anyway it stormed all around us and on us , looks like about an inch from that round and a half yesterday , so for Shaggy -- that would be a inch and a half total --so far . Indy reporting well over 2 inch's - may see another 2- 3 inch .

49 here this morning --headed to 70 -- tomorrow 80 then they pull the rug out from under us for the weekend .

Little Side note here : Around 11:50 last night - my youngest daughter ,  decided she REALLY had to go out to potty , So I when out with her to look at the light show to the south , We are about 25 miles east of Indy and maybe 30 miles from Indy airport , As I was waiting for her to do her deal , I just happened to look to the east and the clouds started to light up - about the size of a ball , thought it was the moon peaking thru the cover , got brighter and brighter -- BUT it was moving - right for us , finally it started to break thru - it was a jet with his landing lights on  , and it was a BIG jet , and he was LOW -- maybe 1,000 to 1500 feet -  the cool part ? It was the sound , I never heard the auto throttles on one working to keep the speed at set point , you coud hear them spool up then back off then spool back up and with the heavy air the sound was  crystal clear ,anyway , pretty cool , just wished now I would have taped it , lol

Everybody have  great day !

Senior Contributor

Ken, did you hear him kick his Jakes in when he came up on the runway? Sounds just like an oversized Peterbilt when they do that.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

We were woke by the sounds of rumbling thunder as well, but our gauge only shows a little over 1/2". Calling for stronger more severe storms here this afternoon, but we are along the western edge of the forecasted area so quite possibly could miss us.

37 here this morning heading for a high in the mid 50's, then just like ECIN, the cold front moves in and we dip to highs in the low 40's and lows in the upper 20's for a couple days.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

shaggy--it would help if you could tell those of us who aren't regulars where you are located.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Sorry VP I guess I should be more descriptive. I'm in Central Kansas. Rush County to be precise.
0 Kudos