Honored Advisor

Re: Day 7

SW: Do you know that for sure? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

if you read this from May 17th-

bean chart c-x-1

....and Nov has only hit 1330, i probably wouldn't have recommended a sell for the STRONGER contract - being July.Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Cx,

I gotta admit I did miss the second chart pointing out a gap to fill...     And that great point would be keeping me from getting too nervous.  (In his defense, the guru with the sell advice probably missed it too)

Butttttttttttttt, ----------- new crop beans are a full dollar higher than at any point in the spring of last year, and the year before,, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before

......................... okok.

And I would not be suprised that we will soon see an opportunity to sell a little in 13 & 14 at a price unheard of for many years, at least for a beginning point of the marketing year.

Hobby your right I was speculatin' ----------------------- Now I am speculatin' whether I might be able to sneak up behind you and yell------SELL , and just maybe................. Wait, maybe you already did?????  We have reached a level up in the area you were headed for at an earlier point.  Not even SA kept us from reaching the mid 15s.----- lookin back on it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

All but 4 acres of my beans will be under flood level if the river gets out any time from now till the combine can get them. ABSOLUTLY will not sell something that is not in the bin and is at such risk.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sorry I didn't define it ---------- only meant old crop in your case.  Hobby

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sw,

and you bring up a great expanded point, as well..........Novie is in a multi, multi, multi, multi - year uptrend.

ya know what them gurus also say, i think-------trend is your friend.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It makes me wonder if the improvement in corn production, ie--- weed control, yield, minimum tillage, insurance, price ------- have outrun soybean production improvements enough that beans need a higher price to compete for acres?

Viewed that way maybe $16-18 range for beans is not that high.

Veteran Advisor

sw,

you just made the hairs on my neck---stand up-----with that one.

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

SW you brought up a point that has been discussed before about the real lack of improvement in overall bean yields compaired to corn.

I had 60+ bu bean yields in 1986. I have not really seen much improvement since then. Weed control options have moved to glyphos and Liberty but field average yield have really not moved.

As soon as it gets light enough to see I will be back out planting split row beans that I hope make 40+ bu/ac. Can't believe how nice the ground looks after being worked so wet. Crop insurance date here for beans is the 15th and rain on the horizon for Fri/Sat. Many got their mud refreshed yesterday.

Beans could be the sleeper as many are not planted and it is getting late.

BTW: I know you were all about the oldies in the bin. ... always nice to have an Ace in the hole.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I can relate to your post.  I've  been using a 3" x 4" yearly calender to p ut all my notes in for the past 10 years.   It works great but every other year it goes in  the washer and comes out in a million pieces on the rest of my clothes. Last night it went thru the washer and I'm bummed because I had all my pl anting ,spraying, broadcasting,etc. in it.    Anyway, I now put half my info. on the booklet and half on my I phone 5.  So I'm still in a confused state of mind.  I've got to learn to put everything on my phone message, but its a learning curve that I need to strive for.  Keep up your posting,  You and about 10 other posters are a great source of enjoyment to us that look forward to hearing your messages every day.          

0 Kudos