Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Don`t Bet Against us/U.S.

9 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Don`t Bet Against us/U.S.

Religion is the second requisite refuge for scoundrels.

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I'd veto it

Get on the tv and tell the nation what a bloated non helpful, pork barrel cluster @$&#  tthe dem leaders think is ok.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whats-in-democrats-coronavirus-bill-arts-funding-union-help-and-mor...

Here is also where a few tweets might help???

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: I'd veto it

Be  a  real  conservative ,  forget  the  bailouts ,   &  stock  buyback  welfare  -  maybe = ? 

IS   Stagflation  around  the  bend  - ?   

IS   a  fragile  Traveling  Economy  the  answer - ?  

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Let`s say you have a restaurant or hair salon, you have a mortgage, you hire people, paid taxes for 30 years and one day the governor forces your business to close 'for the good of the community".   I have no problem with my taxmoney helping businesses like that, they took one for the team to stop the Wuhan flu.  Air travel is essential to our economy, in 6 months, how do we recover wout the airline industry.

Like Tom Cotton says "don`t call it a bailout, these businesses paid taxes and employed people and now though no fault of their own, this happens to them"

Nancy is like a looter during a national emergency demanding money for baby killers and the Kennedy Center and pay off student loans...what the heck does any of that have to do with the Wuhan flu?

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

BA   -  I  Agree ,  although   the  economy  being  this  fragile ,  amazing ,  say  60 - 90  slow  days ,  and  your  broke - ? 

Video  conferencing  will  take  a  swath  out  of  airline  terminal  congestion,  unfortunately  ,  while  new  business  modeling  accelerates  -  -   -

E . T . F.  accounts ,    might  get  attention  again,  S E C  &  Wall  Street ,  to  see  where  all  of  the HIGH  leveraged ,  equity  values ,   that   vaporized  in  record,  short time ,  due  to  an  invisible  event  -  -  -               

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Business margins are so tight, the maximum rent is paid, the highest wages that can be paid has to because <3% unemployment, goods & services have to be most competitive or someone else eats your lunch.   Some small businesses tread water all year just to make it to the Christmas shopping season and if that goes good, there is the profit for the year. 

Then we have this shutdown for God knows how long where no income is seen, the rent is due, the electric bill is due, taxes  and repairs don`t stop because of Coronavirus.  I would favor making it right with those businesses, i can`t really bring myself to calling it a "bailout" though. 

Airlines have been cutting their throats for years now.  Packages, freight and other business is dependent on travel faster than the Cannonball Express.  We have to think about coming out of this post-Covid.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Keep  in  mind  those  students  going  to  collage,  that  work  a  sideline  job  aren't  employed  now  either ,  and  are  finding  the  campus  vacant ,  are  supposed  to  do  what  -  ? 

Maybe,   until  my  ox  is  gored  ,  fits  this  fragile ,  unfortunate ,  humbling  situation  - ?   

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Who is going to pay for the bill?

in one stroke of a pen, Trump is poised to raised the US Debt , already unstainable, by about another ten percent, and set the stage for more money to be printed going forward. These funds should be targeted, via extended unemployment to those truly affected, and not sent out willy nilly to everyone. 

One result will be to inflate asset values at some point...all that extra money supply will eventually find a home, and your inventory of grain, and land assets should get some support too.

But be prepared, if you are successful, to eventually pay taxes at levels you will not like. 

k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: Who is going to pay for the bill?

Larry  Kudlow,    then  says things  are  worse  than  expected ,  now  saying  the  cure  can't  be  worse  than  the  disease  -extremely  confident  &  comforting    -  ? 

0 Kudos