Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Doom, Gloom. and Woe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Doom, Gloom. and Woe

2 questions from the film--------and a guy who looks at numbers a lot.

one--------------does the amount of outside investment in commodities(grains & cattle), reflect this huge influx of capital he claims??  I dont think we have seen the number of contracts traded double in a reflective time period.  But maybe I am missing it...--------the numbers I look at are smaller and have to add up and cash flow------------u know------------old math.

two--------------If that much liquidity got dumped into the stock market, what is the real dow figure value?  -----------some negative number?----------------------------My old GM toilet paper may be worth more than the others i still have--------

Not so sure about this one------------anybody else??

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

My stance is that things will seldom get as bad as predicted or as good as hoped for. That said I barely survived the eighties. It was not anywhere as bad as the '30's. Things can go to he** in a hand basket it just hasn't in most of our lifetimes...yet.
0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

That is the difference between a recession and a depression. If you have lost your job, your savings are gone and you can't mewet your obligations, you are experiencing a depression.

If thing are a little slow and income is down abit and the other guys are going broke and losing their hmes, you are in a recession,

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Well,after looking at that second you tube vidio back drop,you guys should know what to do with all that corn when it realy gets gloomnie!

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Thanks ray, I missed the 2nd.
Puts it in perspective. 🙂
0 Kudos