cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Doom and Gloom OR Hope ?

Thats pretty interesting slim - as to the later planted , thanks for posting that up

BTW glad to here we have another Hoosier on here --lol  If I can ask -- What part of the state do you live in ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

HI EC,  I'm just NW of Indy and Boone County Line.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Guys, Soys are funny. You can still get bIg yields when planted late.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

start adding them up for your area and beltwide thusfar, and tell me what you think?Smiley Wink

then look at the 14d............................

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I can't believe he has never raised 50 bushel beans.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I was thinking the same thing FarmerJoe79.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Us in NW Ohio have a reversal from last year.  2102 we couldn't buy rain. This year I have had 3.5" in last 10 days which was welcome as things were just starting to dry out.  Planting was great as we had 3 weeks of mostly dry weather in early May.  I finished May 21.  As of now we have the potential for a great crop.  Beans and corn are 2 weeks further along than usual.  Beans have the rows covered in 15" rows and most corn is waist to chest high.  The sour note is rain is delaying wheat harvest and we are nearing the time of hoping for no more rain for a while as the ground is saturated now but rain is in the forecast as possible almost every day for the next week.  I contracted 30% of expected yield as I expect prices drifting lower towards harvest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Joe and others,  I wouldn't turn down a 50 bpa yield but the farm has been consdistently above the average county yield.

0 Kudos