cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Dow up 1086!

I think that was a one day record.  Now if only the grains could catch that Mo-jo.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/investing/stock-market-today/index.html

17 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Dow up 1086!

And yet, nobody says this is Trump's fault.  Go figure.

If the grain markets did that, someone would kill it by posting a picture of a bull on a rocket.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Dow up 1086? Look Out Below

Now.

say there's another 4 to 5k correction yet still in the works.

15 to 17k should hold the bottom...due to earnings.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

2009 low
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

17,000 here we come
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Dow futures have it currently down 300, but we are in such rarefied air that point moves aren`t necessarily percentage record moves. Christmas was good spending, it`s just these interest rates. Rising interest rates with all the debt on the books is like Michael Phelps swimming across the Atlantic, maybe he could do it, but not if Jerome Powell straps 100lbs of luggage to his back.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Hard to sustain the economic strength seen recently when it is fueled by a huge increase in deficit spending

and "short term" capital flows.  Hopefully the economy will be strong enough to overcome the trouble signs being

seen in the housing and other sectors.

Both of my sons are carpenters that work on framing single family homes, condos and apartment buildings.

Both make decent money but neither one of them can afford to buy what they are building.

Held my 2 month old grand-daughter Tuesday while she watched her brothers, sisters and cousins destroy our living room.

She is such a smiley and happy little girl.  Didn't have the heart to tell her how much in debt she is.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

IscCat, I look at Lumber, Cooper and fat cattle all strong.  Lumber higher than 2015 and fat cattle mid $120s, when people celebrate, they don`t order chicken or tofu....they order Steak!    The debt will have to be dealt with, trouble is, those that can do something about it won`t get elected telling the truth about the spending cuts that`s needed.   Those in the peanut gallery..."where`s my cheaper, better health insurance that I was promised!!!"  That is how you make the hole deeper, NOT solve the problem.

Veteran Advisor

VISA   &  Master Card  records   -  will  that  be  the  2019  hang-over  -  will  see  -   -   -

June  Lumber  WAS   $650.oo   -  rumor  has  it  we  are  built  up  ? 

Feeding  the  World  -  needs  a  bit  of  coaxing  along  -  maybe  ?  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

DON"t   LOOK  at  the  DOW   NOW   -  kinda  red  again  -   -   -

Tama  Iowa  -  Fats    Top  $117.oo   -  2  year  high ,  although  long  way  to  go  in  reach of 2015  -   -   -  

0 Kudos