cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Drop in SRW plantings

..... likely as wet and later corn and bean harvests crowd out the planting window for SRW. In turn that would cut double crop beans the following year. The Delta is wet.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Drop in SRW plantings

Palouser, a lot of the SRW seed is being returned in my region of the eastern cornbelt. We just cant get much of a window to harvest/plant in. Looking at my area we are maybe 60% done with beans, and 10% of corn acres are harvested.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Almost got stuck on ranger today just checking farms out to run

30% done on corn, maybe 20% done on beans on a 30/70 split corn/soya which comes out to what; 23% done so far.

Was planning to go close to 35% wheat this fall. After the 5 inches of rain we got thur-MON on top of wet ground anyway, that number has gone to ZERO. Refuse to mud wheat in the last week of October when things will be crazy already and input prices are the way they are

As I stated before. A wet shatty fall usually makes the next cropping year a bitch. This fall is shaping up to effect the wheat side already.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Yep the drill is put away. At least 50 percent less srw in this area and what's planted may not look too good
0 Kudos
Advisor

Well. We know that planting are going to be down. Price is going to rally, end users feel it. Good wheat is going to diminish with a crappy western harvest. It's going to be tough getting the acres

Like I've been saying, wheat has the most upside potential of all 3 right now. Spots up a bit, deferred is way more due to lack of space. I had got an offer of 12/month to store for 2 months til space opens.
0 Kudos