cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Drop or next stop 5 bucks?

Feedlot  in  NW  Iowa  sold  Dec.14  2020  ( Rock Rapids ) #1  114 acre  feedlot   " $1,575,000.oo   ,  #2 ,  81 acres  $11,500.oo  / acre   ( Zomer  Auctions , Rock Valley Iowa )  has some interesting sales results info  -  -  -   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

K-289, that one feedlot sold was Tony Jansma`s, world famous cattle buyer.  When I go on highway 9 to avoid the scales on I-90 and the eastbound one at Worthington, I go past his mural in Rock Rapids.

https://www.tsln.com/news/mural-honors-former-cattle-buyer-tony-jansma/  

The Rock Rapids Mural Society was formed in 2002 to re-beautify the town and restore its historic past. Since then, they have completed 35 murals. Tony Jansma’s “Cattle Buyer” mural was number 20 and completed in 2008.

This mural, in Rock Rapids, Iowa, honors the memory of cattle buyer Tony Jansma. Photo by Nancy Montross
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don’t usually comment in this section of the Ag site, but I too have been watching Corn & Bean futures rise these past few months. I might also add, the same is occuring in Copper and precious metals commodities, and the rising Canadian and Australian dollars as well.

They all seem to be increasing in lock step. I suspect, however, these basket full of unlike increases have less to do with supply & demand issues and much more to do with a gradual devaluation of the US dollar among a global market of buyers.

Time will tell I suppose, but that grain and livestock producing farm is looking better and better each day that the Fed throws out more and more trillions of paper money to the crying masses.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

My folks were in the livestock transport business,   and  ''' well  aware ''' of  the load offerings of Tony  -  -  -

I was wondering if  you,  B A , ISC   were  there ,  with bidding  card in hand - waving - Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Oh yeah, me and Tony were good buds, he sometimes let me fly his King Air and we`d get matching Stetsons...no not really   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thanks for the great picture.  Ill look up and see if there are pictures from the rest of Rock Rapids

Packard  that is an interesting thought-- very possible a factor... 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"Jansma" is a Dutch ancestry, they are very industrious and northwest Iowa is a hotbed and $18,000 land just for a place to spread manure.  It`s a neat area, there are sections where 5,000hd hog barns out number the population per sq mile ie, 2 people and 4 hog barns  Smiley Happy   And feedlots (not 70,000hd but pretty big) and monoslopes springing up like Tulips.  At "dinnertime" noon there`s pickups of families parked at the folk`s home where all the boys are having dinner, like the good old days.  

Really nice people.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Other than driving thru the area and going to a cousin's wedding in NW Iowa my only contact with animals in that part of the country is the poultry facility by Rembrandt.  Worked with our millwrights to design and install several projects there.  Enjoy driving thru the rolling hills in NW Iowa and across the river in NE Nebraska.

0 Kudos