cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Drought Monitor

Does anyone else notice that it seems counter-intuitive where they have the LONG (L) AND (SL) lines drawn?

Also, biggest improvement since Novie from D4-D3 along Ok/Ks border. 

US Drought Monitor, February 26, 2013
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Re: Drought Monitor

All I know is I feel fortunate to have my acres sitting to the east of the Ol Miss as we think about starting this year. But we were in same situation last winter and got torched this summer. I'm not sure how someone can look at that map and see 163 bpa as USDA and many others do but to each his own. I hope we get widespread moisture this spring.
0 Kudos
illiceman11
Contributor

Our subsoil inwest centrall ill still short but getting better.Last Spring we had shortage in both sub and top soil.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here`s NASA`s spring and summer outlook....3.60 mb http://www.agweb.com/assets/1/6/Allen%20Motew%20-%20Summer%202012%20Weather.pdf  

Now they`re both government outfits, how can USDA be saying "trendline yields" with those u-g-l-y maps???

El Taylor is saying "147", my guru is a little below El.  I think until relief is in sight 140ish is a good place to stay pat.  I`ve heard "146" would get us by, but if those maps are somewhat right there won`t be the subsoil moisture we had to play with in 2012.

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm thinking 199 as Monsanto comes through with justification for the confidence that the U.S. Supreme Court and Congress have  placed on it./

0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

Hey, there has to be some public benefit in order to give the keys to the kingdom. Or no?

0 Kudos
illiceman11
Contributor

huh

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

BA Deere,

thank you for the link to website....hadn't seen NASA data before......not suprised one bit, however.............thinking matching last yrs production may be a trick if this trend intensifies as NASA predicts.

c-x-1

0 Kudos
unlgrad
Senior Contributor

Hardnox, you are optimistic I will give you that.    If we average 199 then I would be doing 240 + here, so I am all for it.  Lets roll.  SMILE!  Heck, I had better get 200 bushel sold before it goes to $2.50.  Of course, 200 is a disaster is NIA territory.  In dryland Nebraska it is the Hand of God touch.   Good luck to all this year. 

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Talked to some family in Woodbury County Iowa and said subsoil is extremely short. Will take lots of preseason and in season rain to match there 2012 crop.
0 Kudos