cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

Dump it or hang on?

Been following you guys for years and can tell you have a better handle on marketing than I do. Most of the neighbors have been selling corn like crazy they all think its over and we are heading much lower. I've still got about one quarter of 2013 left what do you think dump it before the report or hang on for that hot dry dome of a weather scare we usually get? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Dump it or hang on?

Im hanging on with my last quarter. I think we have one more push. Seasonally we bottom during this time frame.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Dump it or hang on?

I've got some left, too much if prices stay low, not enough if they break the earlier highs, LOL.

Honestly, though, I wonder if now is the best time to sell.   Yes, things look bleak for prices, but they always look the bleakest at the bottom, before a rally, just like prices sometimes seem most bullish, just before a break.
 Anyway, my reasoning for waiting a bit would be because there was a lot of farmer selling, which didn't help a rally any, combined with projections of a 'perfect' crop.   If we have a perfect or near perfect crop, it is 90% factored into the market already.   Anything from here on out, that isn't great for the corn, will likely be shrinking the projections of crop size.

0 Kudos