cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

ET....where is the rain......

He's been the king of drought forever.......however this year he actually went trendline and above heavy on his comments.....

He has tweeted twice today......one about el nino....and then again tonight about 5 states still on track to be above trend on corn and soya even better chance.....

I find this kind of odd......like he's singing to the beat of someone elses drum......

Local forecast has no rain for 7 days......and comment was made tonight that next week doesn't look promising either......just random and very isolated pop ups at best......

And heat appears to be building back in......

All the long range maps show heat all fall......which is an odd el nino pattern......and most show little rain or have backed off......

I just don't see this pattern breaking for many more weeks.....too late for corn and likely some soya.....

Was in some knee to thigh high soya today......lots of pods aborting......and these have had some rain......corn is either baked or being baked or will be baked in two weeks......and the early season stress on the corn is showing up in ear set......

Market maybe stale the rest of the week, hoping for rain and this stupid report.....we miss this 18th event and we will finish off the last leg of parabolic.......be ready to sell.....
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: ET....where is the rain......

"I find this kind of odd......like he's singing to the beat of someone elses drum...."

I go along with that.

The forces in power now do not want controversy .

The other site gave me the boot yesterday,,, for disagreeing.

They can have their 'klum by ya' site all to them selves.

Keep up the good stuff MT

0 Kudos
Advisor

Really?? I read the "other site". How did they notify you or let you know?? I read that missouri tiger was on some type of probation with them.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Dean Wormer forgot to tell you that you're on double secret probation........does that make PP Needermeijer?
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Could the sun have anything to do about the record weather patterns on earth?  I have not noticed the US media in regards to Sun Spots.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2170985/The-suns-solar-flares-getting-stronger--lates...

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Heard some interesting comments from different sources over the last month.......it appears we are in for more violent contrast in moisture and higher temps overall.......including night time temps.......and these comments are not talking in days or years.....more like decades........

We might have just come thru the best of the best for growing corn.....

Not saying we won't have some good corn crop weather......but we may have more years like this one instead of 2004.........

Not good for trendline.......
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

They simply blocked my signing in. No notice of being on probation, nothing. Just blocked me.

I think they didn't like the thread where I gave the middle finger back to another poster. That series of threads was deleted, along with me, so I assume if you are given the middle finger you are supposed to suck it up.

Anyway,  They can have their little private party over there. I am into getting good advise, and lthrowing crap back at the craper..

I hate contributing on this web site, though, as it is all SF commercialized and everything you put up makes SF money.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Maybe just in time inventory system is going to have to change.

Ray J said a while back they had a week's worth of storage, wonder if that is enough in a short crop year?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The sun of course impacts everything that happens on earth being the source of all our energy, even what is stored as oil, coal etc.

Fox news has a similar story.

Not sure there is anything different about the solar flares now than we have had in the past.

Last solar maximum, which is what we are into now, was very low in solar activity so this activity is more normal for the high in solar flares and 10-11 years ago was abnormally low.

Biggest impact of flares is and will be on our electrical grid and electronics.

Happened before in the 1980ies when Quebec had a large power failure due to the impact of a solar flare on their electrical grid.

Believe telephone systems were knocked out in a 'storm' some years prior to that.

If there is anything new in the weather it might be that we are getting into a more normal type of world weather which is less 'benign' than we have seen over the last 50-60 years.

Maybe we will get more 'abnormal' seasons with more variability from year to year.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I think they gave the darling airhead PP a time out also.

Lots of time outs hav e been given out over at NAT lately. They are consolidating

0 Kudos