cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Election Year Soybean Rally

According to a recent elevator newsletter during 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016 the average soybean price rally was...get this $6.01!  

*past performance is not a guarantee of future results

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Re: Election Year Soybean Rally

I could live with a rally to $4 corn and $10 soybeans.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

$4 and $10 is what`s needed minimum without outside income or burning equity in one form or another.  Right now we have a body score of "2" ..we are in dire need of 10lbs of cracked corn and a good alfalfa/grass bale in the ring.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Put your Trump Taj Mahal chips on black/red and spin the wheel.....

......actually I'd rate it at quite a lot less than the 50/50 on that punt.

Probably not going to declare war on Brazil since I see that the fascist guy who the CIA and State Dept. helped install was having din din at Mar-A Lago.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Soybean rally? Beans down 22 cents overnight.

Some rally there, beans down 22 cents overnight.

But, oh that's right, coronavirus is a just hoax.   Meanwhile, Missouri man violates quarantine to take daughter to school function after another close family member tests positive for coronavirus.  What do you think all the other people at that school function think of the father now?

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Soybean rally? Beans down 22 cents overnight.

I don`t have a actual crystal ball if beans possibly could have a election year rally $6 "this time" or not.  I recall when Ronald Reagan was elected in 1980 the talk was "every president elected in a year ending with 0, died in office" like Lincoln 1860 and JFK 1960 ect, well Reagan thankfully broke that trend.  

As you say down 22¢ because of Covid-19 panic, well let`s say beans fall $2 or more before planting, how many will "find a way" to not plant and take the prevent plant with that guarantee?   Maybe instead of "84 million acres of beans" it`ll be more like 60 million acres of beans, then add a dry August, I could give you a story of a $6 rally off of $6 cash beans to take them up to $12.

As far as "Covid-19 a hoax" no one said that, grow up.

0 Kudos