cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Energies up overnight

Oil up $2, RBOB up a nickel, natty gas up over 2%, ethanol clawing its way back to the 2.22 flatline.  I`d like to see $80 oil to sustain corn prices and still be affordable.  US has diplomatic boycott of the Olympics in China, it`s something i won`t criticize Biden on, however will China throw a hissy and look elsewhere to buy beans? (they would anyway, they`re China) but will they also take the opportunity to attack Taiwan, that would put some red on the market screen.  And I wonder if things would bounce back after that expected black swan? 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
rsbs
Senior Advisor

Re: Energies up overnight

Give Taiwan the means to defend itself if at all possible. Lot's of mainland China is converting to Christianity, and the people there may be poised for revolt against communism, too.

I imagine that the decent people in China hate communism, and the American puppet government,  as much as the good people in America do.

Who knew that the movie The Hunger Games, would prove to be so prophetic?

Let's Go, President Snow!

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yeah, the omicron swoon was not helpful.

The big hole in world oil production has been the very slow restart of US drilling and fracking- which has zero to do with pipelines, or anything else that we can do much about, short of the POTUS using DPA to force them back to work. Could with hogs, I guess.

Interesting to see if they manage to crawl prices back near the former highs if they'll start selling forward and producing, or if they'll try to force the market higher still.

Might be Big Oil's last big payday.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Pipelines and refinery investment are essential to make oil sources in nontraditional locations  price competitive.  You can pump oil to your hearts content in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota and Canada, but if you can`t effectively get it to a refinery in Houston, it`s essentially choked off.   So, yes he who controls the pipelines, control the price of gasoline.  

0 Kudos
rsbs
Senior Advisor

president snow was just trying to be president "show" by stopping the Keystone Pipeline as a first day of business executive order. Clueless wonder.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Senior Advisor

The Keystone XL pipeline is dead. Now what? (msn.com)

project has been declared dead before, and revived. President DeSantis probably brings ti back to life if the pipes are still usable. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Exactly Red, how anyone argues that shutting down Keystone and other pipelines doesn`t negatively effect domestic oil production is beyond me.   It`s like if you`re in the middle of building a $800,000 house and the government says "you can`t build it here!" and bulldozes it down, would you be apt to start building another house?  If you did, the new house would be $1.2 million because the government bulldozed $400,000 of the first house.   

And that destroys confidence in the future, "everyone will be driving a EV by 2030!" how enthused would a oil company be to punch further holes?  "everybody driving a EV by 2030" is just as crazy as in the 1960s they said "by the year 2000 everybody will have a flying car and a robot maid named Rosie".    The way things are going it`s more like everybody will be riding bicycles in the year 2030.

0 Kudos
rsbs
Senior Advisor

BA, remember the jealousy of the liberal losers.....the one nut is jealous of his BTO neighbor that snagged the prom queen, the other is jealous of his BIL that still has some land, etc.

These clowns would rather everyone was riding a bicycle in their minds. Of course, they would still have a sweet ride cause they are "special", right?

Protecting the American standard of living should have been foremost in the thought process of the electorate, but instead we have the race cards, class envy, and white guilt being pushed on us by the real insurrectionists....you know the ones that want to bring down traditional America.

And they seem to have no shortage of "useful idiots" to help them in their endeavor. 

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Why  the  Canadians  don't  refine the  slurry  , THEN  pipe  it  south , or  east ,  or  west - to ship  load  it  in  British Columbia  for  the  exclusive  export  world  market , instead  of  a  Texas  Export  Terminal  -  ?

Keep  in  mind ,  Billings  Montana  has  a  refinery capacity  -  -  -

Reminds me,   the  BTO  that  couldn't  count  the  cattle  in  their  own  pens , although a Bankruptcy Judge could  - - -    

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

There`s also a refinery at Sinclair, Wyoming.  Quick story: back in 2013 when gas was so crazy high $3.50 home, i was filling up at a station right by the refinery there and that was the highest priced damned gas (+$4) we bought the whole trip!  don`t ask me why.  

Billings,  Casper and Sinclair refineries, maybe they can`t handle all the Baaken crude, I don`t know.  What you have to keep in mind that in the middle of no where, that gasoline has to be trucked to gas stations where the population is.   So to put the crude in a pipeline has certain economic advantages on the distribution side.  If the pipeline is taken out of the equation, the fuel has to get more expensive.

0 Kudos