Veteran Advisor

Re: Enough in IA?

10-4 to that Barr-Clay

are you in south?

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Report from Puddleville

I had this nice 3 paragraph thing all typed out here and #$@%^^&$E#$ windows update struck and rebooted and well, Billy Gates you still got a ways to go to to have a satisfied customer.

The short of it is the radar shows an estimate of 2 1/2 to 3 for this area and after the wife left for "work" an hr ago I had to put on the britches and squishy through the grass to the 'ol rain bucket and was relieved to only find 1.04 in it for the last 24 hrs.

I'm sure some of the puddles I planted around the last few days are bigger again.

I checked these beans 30 hrs after this pict  was taken and they had an inch long root already. (day before yesterday 6/13/13 about noon planting date)

ResizedImage_1371286254733.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Report from Puddleville

Oh Joy, I just looked at radar and there is another one out in Nebrasks headed to Iowa on the express,

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I guess you wern't chitt'n' me Hobby ! Iowa is the New MN ! The land of 10,000 puddles -- Boy it was pretty here in New Kansas yesterday -- nice llight breeze - in the low 80's plus a few clouds throw in  , some light rain here this afternoon - looks like the drought  is about to start here . Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
Advisor

enough already is right. I replanted 21 acres of corn yesterday and got stuck 3 times. No beans planted on my farms. Like don, says maybe my 570acres of beans are too much for a 16 row and i shouldn't qualify for crop insurance. Also, to the guy that said you shouldn't get crop insurance if not patter tiled. I own a tile plow and use it.Still wet. A very few getting mudded in in my area. I liked the analogy one farmer gave me "Lord I'm tired of carrying this cross" and God says "Oh? How 'bout this one?"and it rains again. All i can say is this business will humble you.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Another .6 here over nite...seems to have brought the water table to the top again , water  , water every where. Oh well , just another day in the swamp !!!! 

Looks like 1st crop hay in July this year !!  Talk about DFing around !!!!   John

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

16 acres of beans planted south of you on my farms total! But it pobably won't matter cause I can't spray em'

0 Kudos
Advisor

Didn't you hear the Government expects a 14 bl bu crop of corn comming

0 Kudos