Equities not too weak - open

ES down 4 - 5

Nasdaq down 10 - 11

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Equities not too weak - open

It's not where we open - it's where we end. Almost every day last week, the overnight futures were higher, and ended lower on the day. We're dropping a bit more now, wit the S&P down 5+ and the DOW down over 50. Japan opens in 30 minutes, Asian markets a couple of hours from now. That'll start to give us a lead into tomorrow. I'm still glad I'm out. It wasn't worth the risk for me personally. I know, I know. "No guts - no glory!" We'll, that didn't work out too well for the Hoffman's (Gold Rush) too we'll last season. Sometimes, safety is good. And where the heck is that plane?

Jen
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: Grain pre-open

pre-open ladder:

S +5

W +2

C -4

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

true Jen,

we'll have a good idea by 2100-2130 hrs.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I'm more concerned about leaking profits away over the next couple of months, and then getting to a point where I'm tens of thousands of dollars down, and THEN finally making the decision to get out, only to see the market recover. I could care less right now what I coulda made.

Jen
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

i hear ya if no short term trading........they are holding almost to unch as of 2115...........so at least perhaps not a major meltdown yet or tomorrow....and a big up day next couple of sessions would put the M top in Dow to question.

big picture though we gotta be near the end of 16 month #3 impulse...........so i see highest probability of -not straight up- from here.

maybe chop around or healthy correction over next 4-6 months.................price-wise, would be 145-140 area basis DIAmonds. 10-12%

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Lots of money sitting on the sidelines ...waiting for a break to buy.

So while the bias may certainly be to the downside , there should be a good floor under equities.

I would bet on some sort of correction, followed by an even bigger rally before any huge selloff.

0 Kudos