cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Foam the runway

I watched the Wolf of Wallstreet a couple of nights ago.  Not exactly a PG movie.   By the end of the movie, I felt like pulling everything I had in the stock market out, and stuffing my cash in my mattress. 

The movie just made me realize how sick our markets have become.  No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

I don't do penny stocks myself, and I don't day trade.   But I know people who do.  The stocks that I have now are long term investments.  Do I trust these markets to make me money?  Heck no.  And when interest starts paying something other than 1%, I may move back into more cash.   I have a fairly large CD coming due next month that I was going to invest, but I don't think so now.

Jen

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Equity markets (Dow & S&P 500)

Jen--I could not finish that movie due to all the f bombs. Have a hard time understanding why every other word needs to be that. Maybe the jist would not have been the same but I thought it was way overdone. I do not really care for DeCrapio either even though he has had some good movies.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I know - we were going turn it off about half way through. I opted to keep watching it because I said, "I want to know who my enemy is".

Everyone on here knows my feelings about our markets. I'll guarantee you this did not change my mind. Then to read the reality of what transpired was worse than the movie. Instead of going after the guy for a white collar crime, they maybe should've stuck him with numerous drug charges. I found a two to three year sentence to be disgraceful. It's no wonder that no one is afraid of the white collar crime laws....

Jen

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Foam the runway

FWIW- nox

the algo's were about 30% of the volume 2008-2011 -- flash in 5/10 got the regs to look into it and the HTF volume share fell back down in the 8-11% range --- around that current.

*even then, but now, REALLY - it's the big inst-banks (which do NOT use HFT) are probably 75+% of the volume.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Point taken Jen and I echo your sentiments. Throw money into any equation and corruption potential rises directly.
0 Kudos