cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ethanol hits all-time lows, plant shutdowns

Folks,

Successful Farming/Agriculture.com freelance writer, Jerry Perkins, pieced together a real nice piece looking at the current situation with the ethanol industry. It's worth a look.

Full story: Ethanol hits all-time lows, unconfirmed reports of plant shutdowns.

What's the situation with your nearby ethanol plant?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Funny you asked.

I called the local ethanol plant corn broker to ask similar questions today myself.  They are planning to use up the corn they already have and then do an early maintenance shutdown.  Normally they shut down for two weeks during the summer to do maintenance but they'll go early this year and hope things look better.  They are prepared for an extended shutdown if things don't improve. 

It makes me wonder if I  should even bother to plant, without that ethanol plant there's really no market for corn here anymore.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense, the ethanol plant shuts down, they clean it all up and then wait a few weeks to a few months and then decide if they really want to re-start.  I guess we'll know more when they announce the layoffs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Funny you asked.

And  those '''' Campaign  Promises  ''''  -  call  your  elected  officials  -  ?     

0 Kudos