cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCcorntrader
Senior Contributor

Evening Trade 8/15

A really quiet day today. The Dec contract volume was about 104,000 , compared to a typical day of maybe 170-180k. Range was roughly 719 +/- 3 cents. Monday crop progress report showed negligible change from last week for corn, but can that be believed? Farmers on this forum seem to say NO if not HELL NO. I guess we will have to wait until the kernels actually get counted.

1940 ET

Holding steady at 719. No significant trades yet.

** my take ** - Saw a blip at the open but that caved immediately and got stuck in a range. Will stay bullish into tomorrow barring any other inputs but at some point interest will fade and people will start to sell. Definitely dont want to get stuck in a downdraft.

2100 ET

Still sitting there at 719. Not much going on.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Re: Evening Trade 8/15

How can the largest corn growing state drop from 73% to 67% good/excellent, while all other major states are very close to unchanged----and then see the US ratings be unchanged for the week.....in fact the CCI 100 point scoring system showed a gain in the US number of 2/10 of 1%.....

must be new math I am incapable of deciphering....

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Re: Evening Trade 8/15

i hear there is an individual on another site that has some rose colored glasses that actually decode the reports and make the math look right...........not sure what they cost............

0 Kudos