cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCcorntrader
Senior Contributor

Evening Trade 8/21

A bit of a bump up at the open this evening, perhaps on the news out of Libya? In any case it has settled back down to near where it closed on Friday.

1935 ET

Dec currently trading at 727. Significant volume to start the session, followed by some decent sized trades.

** my take ** - the 710-730 range trade worked well through last week but I cant help but think we may be at a breakthrough point. still feeling surprisingly bullish given we are at the top of the recent range. The end of the Sept contract coming up is another factor to keep in mind.

2100 ET

Ticking up a couple pennies to 729. Some decent buying over the last 20 minutes or so.

2120 ET

Wanted to get one more edit up before I call it a night-

Dec price has moved up to 729 and change. There is a bit of a wall at 730, but I think if it breaks thru tonight it could get interesting tomorrow. There is still a lot of money out there looking for a place to go- just look at gold.

0730 ET

Trading at 733 now, up 7.50 for the day.

Patrick

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

Re: Evening Trade 8/21

What about beans?  and wheat?

0 Kudos
NCcorntrader
Senior Contributor

/ZSU1 is at 1366

/ZWU1 at 732

FYI i dont trade either of these. beans i am clueless and wheat is too volatile for my taste.

0 Kudos
vandenplas
Senior Contributor

A life long corn farmer decided to do some corn futures trading.  After being in the market a little while, he had lost considerably.  His broker told him, "why don't you trade some wheat?"  To which the farmer replied, "why should I?  I don't know a thing about wheat."

There is a message in there for you, somewhere. 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

yep....Here's your sign!

0 Kudos
NCcorntrader
Senior Contributor

why do i get the feeling you set that up just to tell your joke?

0 Kudos