cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Every well equiped farm

in South Podunk Country should have one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=HE0HEtHFemQ

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Every well equiped farm

Hobby:

Our power company uses a service like this.  They just did it on the main line 3/4 mile south of us in October.  Guess they didn't trim hard enough, though.  We had a straight-line wind storm Nov. 17 that took a bunch of trees down on the line anyway.  We were out from Sunday at 3:10 PM until just before 6 PM Tuesday that week.  Some places further down the line weren't back online until Friday.  That's pretty flying, isn't it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Two things...
That's about a 15 minute drive from where I sell my corn to a chicken/turkey feed mill.
And just sold one of these in August that was mounted on a 1066. I'll stick up some pics when I get close to a computer again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Saw the saw on James Bond movie about 3 years ago. To be honest I will let you run it hobby. In the Bond movie it can be a little dangerous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Optimized-003 (1).JPGOptimized-002.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Longcreekfarms, 

I bet that international operates a little cheaper than that chopper ----------------

But dodging the limbs takes a different skill set.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Bring it over! I have a neighbor that wants to cut abunch of honeysuckle. that would be ALOT easier than me laying on the ground with a chainsaw.  I'd hate to have someone go nuts and trim all the landscaping in some town. You could make a convertible outta a sedan in a minute, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Notice all the wrinkles in the hood? Sw said it right, dodge the falling limbs! Had a blade wedged in a tree several years ago. Before I could get her shut down, the blade split into 3 pieces. Whirled around and stuck in the side of the fuel tank. Went through the hood and gashed about a 3"" slice in the tank. I drove her over to a hill side and parked on the bank so it wouldn't lose all the fuel before I got it put back together. One of those days that make you think a little bit about working smarter, not harder. I've since sold the thing to some barefoot Amish and bought another 955 loader! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I like the cage for the operator but it doesn't look tough enough to stop one of those blade parts.

0 Kudos