cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hedgefundfarmer
Contributor

Everyone is thinking this is the tough year for grains

IMO   this will look like a pretty good market by next year.   I see so many road blocks so to speak its unbelievable.   Sad part i  talk to these young fellows they havent a clue what to do , just think the market has to pay them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Everyone is thinking this is the tough year for grains

Well, I have been dirt poor all my life until the last few years.  To be honest, I was getting cocky with my easy made wealth, it just wasn`t for me.  I`m a scrapper at heart, fight for every nickel or it doesn`t feel earned.  I`m just thankfull that the boom years came at a time my kids were growing up and didn`t have to feel too ashamed of me.  But, we had 7 boom years and I thank the Lord for it.  Now, going forward it`s reality, the life I`ve been more accustomed to.

Farmers aren`t supposed to be rich, you aren`t supposed to want your daughter to marry a farmer, it`s supposed to be tough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sillEgUHGC4 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Well said BA.   Most farmers fit into your category.

0 Kudos
Jameshh1964
Senior Contributor

Just got back from visiting Southern Oregon wheat growers. I was struck by how different the attitudes are between a 70 year old wheat farmer and a 24 year old wheat farmer. The older gentleman was precleaning his entire crop before I sent trucks in to pick it up; he said he wanted customers asking for HIS wheat. The younger fellow said. " it's got alot iof weed seed in it but they are cleaning themselves right? Just subtract the dockage from my check." Guess who I will contract with next year?
0 Kudos