cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Eyewitness Crop Report

I can't believe iowa g/e rating was 54%. That must be how the fields look at face value not the calendar. There is corn that would look good on may 24 not June 24. Most of this corn won't tassel till August and that is for the corn that actually grew. Big surprises coming for those betting on substantial bushels from one of the I states....MikeM
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If he is "THE EYEWITNESS"

We must be just  "chopped liver"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I wouldn't get all bulled up folks.  The only "eyewitnesses" you need to focus on is Uncle Sam and Goldman Sachs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

My corn tasseled starting the end of the second week of July last year and went in the upper 150's.

I've had decent corn pollinate the first week of Aug before too.

Also had freezes in the middle of Sept that messed up a great potential yield too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Should be a bullish week, calender wise

no clue where the market ends up, but the smart money should go long for the next ten days.

if the market is toast, we will see a blow off the top high, and limit down right around the fourth holiday...

if this market has legs...hold on to your hat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

What I find most interesting...

the descriptions of a crop in trouble...

but still predicts about a 13 byn corn crop

surprised the guy hasn't been BBQ'd for thinking that is even possible!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: What I find most interesting...

BBQ'd????   He'd taste like chicken....     Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

wow,

all y'all really have forgotton that history's  foretold "we the peeps" that the year after a drought always returns to {normal} production.............how could the history books be so wrong.

Ray J did point out The caveat ---he SAID 13 b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I will give $5,000 to a charity  if we get 1 report from the government before jan 2014 that the 2013 crop was under 13 billion bushels.    Just can't see the USDA reporting those numbers that low until then.  Joe Glauber stated that this year would see our first 15 billion bushel corn crop..  C'mon guys, the report will be lucky to be under 14 billion bushels.  I am not long.  We found 400 million bushels in March, we might find another 400 million.  Yes, I am a cynic.  Worked for the gov.  enough said.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

UNLGRAD - now that's going out on a real thin limb.  Good luck with that one - at least the the donation will go to a good cause.  My vote is for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

I think the USDA is out of touch - but not that out of touch.

Jen

0 Kudos