cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Eyewitness Crop Report

If this year is trully going to act like 1993 you need to watch sept 19 for an early frost date.  It had its hard freeze in MN around that date.  Other then the it should freeze Oct 18. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I was always told that full moons have a tendency to breakup thin cloud layers.  If this is true, a clear sky could make a difference of just a few degrees which could cause or prevent temperatures to dip below freezing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

If you had a full moon, but lots of cloud cover, you would not freeze, and no one would remember the non-event.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Shaggy98 wrote:

I was always told that full moons have a tendency to breakup thin cloud layers.  If this is true, a clear sky could make a difference of just a few degrees which could cause or prevent temperatures to dip below freezing.

My exact post listed again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Shaggy - maybe you need to use a bigger font....BREAK UP CLOUDS

JEN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

It was for Red Steele, to help him understand what you said in your post - which I agree with by the way - you know - about the full moon and frost association.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Thanks Jenny, I thought you were poking fun a me, I was gonna say "Hey, That's My job".Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

my point is that human nature is going to remember the clear nights with a full, or partially full moon, and the freezes that go with them, but that the same human nature will pay zero attention to the nights around a full moon that are cloudy and no freeze.

Nothing scientific about it, just the way we remember things.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Sorry RED I remember the clouldy full moon nights In the second 1/2 of Sept as good years with a late frost/freeze .

0 Kudos