Veteran Contributor

Re: F C Stone, Informa, USDA Reports

"Accountability" "Challenged" hmmmm Allendale does a farmer survey and comes up with there corn bean yields. Would that mean farmers should be "accountable and challenged". Pro farmer Tour every year has a hands on field tour, "Accountable".

Bear markets last year and this year......firms are wrong, funds are wrong. Bull markest 2012 drought all is good. WOW

Senior Contributor

Capinegro--I do not understand what you are saying.

Veteran Contributor

Est. by firm have been going on for over 40 yrs that I have been around. Seems its ok when they have bull numbers but wow if bear numbers are mentioned.

Senior Contributor

Caprinegro---Thanks.  Agreed.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Like I said before if you need one of these firms to help market your grain you ain't going to be farming much longer.
Veteran Advisor

Vandenplas, I think reports by these marketing firms get overdone 2-5 bu (national average) one way or the other depending on what extreme the weather has been for the season. In the drought of 2012, most firms' estimates were too low. This year they seem a little high, especially on the soybean side of things. I haven't seen what the crop in Iowa or Illinois looks like, but the estimates for Indiana and Michigan seem high in both corn and soybeans. My estimate as of today would be more like 167 bu corn and 43 bu soybeans.

Honored Advisor

It is not about accuracy, it is just about holding on to the "big crop" bias.  Keeping the question "How big is it?" relevant.

It is procurement season.  "How much of the wheat crop is now "owned"?  That was also data gathered.  Wish they would publish that information..............

Advisor

A lot of wheat is owned by the commercials. That's why the price is going up
Honored Advisor

Last week 6750acre wheat field in South Dakota , yield monitor running 70 to mid 90's having to be hauled 240ish miles to ogalala, Ne to find a market that had a decent bid and a place for it.

Honored Advisor

Now we know why Mike ignores HRW.

That trucker is gonna get tired.

Thanks hobby, got a location.