Honored Advisor

Re: Failing grade to the media

You guys are missing my original point.     When there is good agricultural news, it should be promoted big time by our Ag media.  Lord knows, anytime there is bad Ag news almost all other media sources are all over it, condemning the Ag industry.  I'm simply saying that sites, such as this one which has successful farming in it's title ought to be the biggest cheerleader and promoter on the planet.   

Honored Advisor

SW and I have made that exact same point recently to absolutely no avail.

Senior Contributor

I think my point has been missed lol. Anyone who thinks that any of these sights are for the promotion of ag commodities and for the benefit of the farmer are sadley mistaken. Look at where they get there information. Who in these market news reports are giving there opinion? The farmers and grain sellers? The end users? No the traders! Look at the way the actual facts are worded in these news reports with a sway in sentiment one way or the other, (a lot of times by a market analysis, they aren't farmers or users! )if not with a sway then not reported at all! This is what I've been attempting to share! We can gripe about it forever and will never change it! Never have and never will! This has been happening since the NYSE opened its doors and happens in all markets! The first book on the way the traded markets actually operates was by Charles Dow! (Dow jones industrial Index) minus news reporting. Many books after teaches about news reporting to sway markets. Don't gripe about it, learn about it! And use it to your advantage!
Honored Advisor

D, to post a link to what you are posting about.

Click and hold  on menu bar, you should get a chance to then click on "copy"

Then come back here, click and hold till you get "paste" then click on it.

You are putting up some good info but could you hit the return tab occasionally to break it into paragraphs.

Honored Advisor

"I think my point has been missed lol.

Anyone who thinks that any of these sights are for the promotion of ag commodities and for the benefit of the farmer are sadley mistaken. Look at where they get there information. Who in these market news reports are giving there opinion? The farmers and grain sellers? The end users? No the traders!

Look at the way the actual facts are worded in these news reports with a sway in sentiment one way or the other, (a lot of times by a market analysis, they aren't farmers or users! )if not with a sway then not reported at all! This is what I've been attempting to share! We can gripe about it forever and will never change it! Never have and never will! This has been happening since the NYSE opened its doors and happens in all markets!

The first book on the way the traded markets actually operates was by Charles Dow! (Dow jones industrial Index) minus news reporting. Many books after teaches about news reporting to sway markets. Don't gripe about it, learn about it! And use it to your" advantage!"

broken apart like this is much easier for me to read and comprehend.

Senior Contributor

Here it is If I were a commentator I could write a headline " plenty to go around. world corn stocks to use ratio 11.5%" or "will corn supply last ? Usda pegs world corn stocks to use at 11.5% usage up!" It's all in how it's worded. This was a pretty obvious example. Most of the time it's more suddle but you get the point! This is done for a reason! How about "sell corn now and buy options!" Remember that? Lol
Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Ok I'll try that. I'm actually on my mobile phone so I don't see a menu bar.
Senior Contributor

Jim Meade
About the universities. I like a lot of the Kansas state reports. A lot of good supply and demand scenarios going forward unbiased in one report I've read you can tell a lot of the writers and researchers seem to be on top of their game with fundamentals.
Honored Advisor

Most of the time i tend to think like d.   I like charting and that way I know when ahd how much the market changed an that is all I can hope for.... ***** ist's can lie and "word" their hearts out and after hours of "research" you got enough hot air to lift you off the ground.... but really the only truth you know is what the chart says.

----------------------

Yesterday I was in a machine shed of a great friend who has retired.  the two newer JD tractors, washed and parked in the back next to a "like new" used sprayer.  When we were growing up in the early 60's this guy was my guide in common sense.--- still is.

That picture of those two fancy tractors and that sprayer etc etc........induced thought.

He looks at it like this ... I got a decent young guy to rent my ground and I am lucky to have him.  "You can't find a young kid who knows how to make those tractors talk for a paycheck"   "They're too dam fancy and gonna be obsolete before a new kid can learn this older one."  

"I have an opportunity to stop and enjoy what is left."

-----------------

We are knid of in that boat with the markets.  We upgraded.......... Big time.   Technology and world wide data.   World wide corporations that can crush opposition.    We are talking all "world" now.  And most of us are just learning to use a cell phone's easy functions.

We are making payments on a futuristic marketplace and the press, most of us, and usda are still reading a "4020" manual and applying local logic.   The new model will be out in about 6 months and we need to be designing marketing Apps instead of looking for a good marketing report on a transistor radio.     I hear the new model will be medialess and remotely driven from satellite.  Only a matter of time before the world market bypasses usda as well..... probably does now if you can afford the subscription.

Smiley Happy