Honored Advisor

Re: Failing grade to the media

Roaring   apply that same logic to media.......

90% of what is reported on is written by folks who know very little about the subject..... We made journalism a career instead of a class on the way to an English degree. They don't learn anything else.   So whatever we are writing about is not important enough to study........  we are too busy being "journalists"    

The William A. White school of jouralism...... was probably once a good evening class to improve writing skills.  and still is.

Similar to political science....   subject of an interesting and entertaining small book..... Now a doctorate can be obtained on a segment of that subject, and the only thing a nation can think about.... no room for actual knowledge.... in a career that serves a public function.  We all want to be political scientists..................not public servants or knowledgable leaders.

I am trying to help us lower our standards........ like media has.

Honored Advisor

Ok.........so.........A few folks think we should think of these ag internet sites like a Co-op.   Where a few farmers got together and started a site for the betterment of all in agriculture.   But then, in order to compete, we must abandon our original premise and sink to low levels of intelligence.......by just promoting only those that will pay us the most money.    Ok, I think I've got it.  Smiley Mad

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

I lost signal and my post was lost. Sw I don't think the market and the way price discovery works in the market has changed. the only real changes that I have discovered since 2006 was the investment bank being allowed to trade on CME, recently in January of this year the beginning of block trades (which have to be reported daily to CME )and now block chains( different than block trades)We are in a global market now that's true but the things I have recently posted about with accumulation, distribution and reporters swaying the market have been going on since the markets opened their doors.
On Block trades CME states that the reason they allowed it was so large positions could be traded between two customers more easily. The real reason? So volume could be concealed. These sales and purchases never show up on the charts. Kinda like dark pools in the stock market. The difference? The purchaser has to be identified in the stock market by finra regulation. In commodities only the amount traded making our market less transparent, therefore retail not being able to identify the maker makers.

As for block chain trades, this is very new, and I am very uneducated on this. Will it effect the way the market works ? I don't know. Guess we will find out. I can say our market is becoming more global and more trader friendly than ever before. If the actual end users and producers did what these investment banks and large traders do, they would be forced to sell their positions and then be barred from trading. CME has done it. And in my next post I'll give you the company they did it to. I have to look them up.

Senior Contributor

Senior Contributor

Feruzzi was the name of the company. A legitimate buyer and end user running the traders off of the floor on CME.
Senior Contributor

Now in my next post this different company did the exact same thing in metals and continue in all commodities. I will post the link to the article and they are still trading on CME. How come?
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Hobby farmer, thanks for the posting tips! Much appreciated.
The truth be told, during the Wall Street investment bank bailout, the only investment bank actually needing bailed out was the one that was allowed to fold. The ones that were "bailed out" were not bailed out. They were given cash by the treasury to buy stocks in the stock market and keep it liquid. If the treasury hadn't done this our entire economy would have collapsed. No one would have been on the other side of the selling and the stock market would have became completely worthless. This is why the treasury acted so quickly. Remember how the meeting happened in the evening and the next day Only one investment bank was cut loose? The treasury didn't have time to go over the details, they needed cash in the markets immediately.
This is why the market markers are allowed to do what they do! They are required to provide liquidity in the equities markets. They however ARE NOT REQUIRED to provide them in the commodities market.
But them being there in itself helps out.
Senior Contributor

Has Anyone here ever felt as if the masses have been herded like cattle into certain decisions by government policy and market analysts over their lifetime to conform to the will of the ones deciding the general direction of the future. Well now you know your intuition was correct. Lol