12.1400 1.7000
Fall 2014
10.1600 -0.2800
Soybean Meal
Quote Basis
August
549.00 125.00
Cash Bids Subject to

This is for Morristown Bunge - Cleaned out the rest this week - Had to hold out on that last 2 loads - lol from 15.54 to 13.25 - - Now  there's some good marketing -- lmao

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fairmont MN Soybeans $12.98

You guys tryin to have a joke about organic corn plastic? Smiley Wink Don't know about organic, but bioplastics have been around for awhile just not in large quantities. Yep, plastic made from corn. Wonder whatever happened to that frisbee from the farm show..?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Do they make shrink wrap out of corn?
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Where's the boat loads of SA beans that were supposed to fix this ?  

One antidotal report I saw was they were still going DOWN the Miss river not up.

Thought all the end users were covered on the board...what's the matter, can't crush paper, or numbers on a computer print out?

FOR SALE: 9000 bu soybeans fob South Podunk Country price upon request. 

Still 30 to 45 days till meaningfull harvesting begins here.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

it gets better

Wish I would have held out a little longer...Soybeans at Farimont now are $13.30 something....they must really need em.

Just goes to show that you should trust your own instinct ....I really thought that there would be a squeeze on available soybeans here, and it looks real. Anyone that can get some early soybeans harvested stands to gain, too, but maybe beans will rally right through harvest.

Corn , too...$3.74 bid at Davenport....anyone paying over $4 around the cornbelt??

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: it gets better

Yeah Red - Know what your talking about - lol - I had a few loads left on the floor and I need to pick up the pace here and get ready for fall - it will be here before I'm ready if I'm not carefull - so hauled them in  this week - Got 13.24 out of them and they hit 13.74 today - Anyway -  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

ADM at Cedar Rapids was bidding +35U and their Clinton, IA plant was bidding +39U on Friday per the WHO radio corn basis report...so right at, or above the $4 mark.....

bean deal is real.....harvest pushed back 5-10 days, even more in the south from what I have heard......hearing that bean processors to the point of not offering meal unless they have the beans to make the meal.....which just adds fuel to the fire....

if I were someone holding goodly quantity of old crop beans, I would not be talking to the processor.....I would be talking to a large consumer of meal.....

believe the industry to the point of recognizing there will not be enough meal to make it another 30+ days.....looking at protein alternatives or deciding if feeding reduced protein rations a reality at $600 meal

but there is also an additional element of risk for the person holding those old crop beans....a lot of crushers will end up taking extra downtime, so you will want to have multiple outlets and/or be prepared to haul long distance to get the cheese!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ray what's the read on your area for soybean harvest? We are seeing some color change here but unfortunately it isn't ripeningSmiley Sad
SDS is rearing its head and some of the better agronomists said there was a good possibility of that happening with the earlier planted and heavy rain totals back in June. Southern MN. Have seen nothing of white mold in my fields, wasn't too worried as it was so dry and little canopy and a good dose of cobra applied to get some of the water hemp. Aphids were getting a strong foothold here now with the rain those 2 and 3 bean pods will fill nicely but don't expect to add on anymore pods as we should be seeing fields turning soon.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

we've had a guy out doing yield checks and he commented to me yesterday PM about seeing SDS

we have a few guys planting 1.9's early, but it is very tiny amount

just picked up 1-4 inches of rain this morning across south iowa

will keep slowing beans down......doubt we see much bean harvest before sept 25 

going to be quite a show in the bean market next month or more

0 Kudos