cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Fake bits

So McDonalds says pork prices are up because of ASF.

This is what the charts looks like:

https://www.farms.com/markets/?page=chart&sym=hen19

What am I missing, looks like pork prices are going down?

Where is their headline on beef prices affecting costs?

https://www.farms.com/markets/?page=chart&sym=leq19

Maybe not fake news mikey D, but for sure spin news.

Some say the markets went down because FBN says a lot more is planted than the USDA is reporting.  If you really want to know how much is planted, you just have to ask those selling the seed.  They know, and pretty sure they have counted more than once or twice...down to the bag or box.

6 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Fake bits

The media has zero credibility, they`ll huff and puff about "wage stagflation bad" on the same page say "if products are made in the US, wages will rise, bad".  And then "food vs fuel" crap, the ethanol caused the price of movie theater popcorn to go from $5 to $8 and there`s what, maybe 5 oz of seed in a popcorn bag?   Maybe if journalists would give up editorializing (or add "this is my opinion") and not carry water for corporate propaganda, then we`d start taking them seriously again.

Image result for wading in manure

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

BA you took a picture of me checking my early planted beans.  at least they are not hurting foe moisture.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This weather is insane Popsppope, this morning in the cow lot I lost a boot, I was standing with one foot in a boot and one in the air with a sock and the empty boot 4 feet behind me.  Well, this is what separates the men from the boys...being as i`m still a boy, I promptly finished chores with a sock and one foot with a boot  Smiley Happy   You suppose that`s how the late poster "MudsockBob" got his handle?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

BA ---- probably not...... but carrying water for the "never T...." --that will stop eventually --and most print journalism is going to find out what real demand destruction is if they haven't already.... Especially those who cling to the midwest as home.

Cant believe how willing they are to fall on the sword for so little gain.

Honored Advisor

Hey SW, I think these colleges have brainwashed too many jourNOlists into believing they are tasked with telling people how to think instead of just reporting the damned news!  If they feel a politician is lying, don`t tell me that they`re lying, have someone on with the opposite view to explain it and I`LL decide who`s lying!

Damned media think they`re on a mission from God. 

Image result for blues brothers mission from god meme

Honored Advisor

BA,   

In the long list of University "study's" programs with worthless degrees--( to build a portfolio of student debt on), it is finally time to add the list of  "Environmental _______" degrees.

Not sure the gap between academia and the real world has ever been this wide.   Maybe in the time that preceded WW1 when world leadership was in the elitist monarchy's.  Naturally millions of real world lives had to be sacraficed to end the "environmental" pipe dreams of those "smart" world leaders.

0 Kudos