cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capinegro3901115
Veteran Contributor

Farm Income

Federal forecasters increased farm income this year by 9% to $131 billion. So there goes by one poster the corn crop is 1 bil less than the USDA says.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Farm Income

Color me stupid, but I'm not following the connection.
0 Kudos
capinegro3901115
Veteran Contributor

Someone posted crop is not 1.85bill, its 1 bil to high. If so then how did farm incme increase with prices down

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Corn isn't the only crop grown... Beans and wheat, cattle and hogs. Hay, milo, fruit, vegetables... Hell, insurance payments. I'm still making money here. If you eat it, it's been grown.
0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I always wander how they measure income. My yearly income will look pretty steady for 2011, 2012, 2013, and hopefully 2014. Lots of 2011 corn and beans were sold in 2012 not much to sell from 2012 crop. More than usual sold this fall. So 2013 will be propped up by those sales not sales from previous year. Or do they measure income from each crop year. I guess that could get blurry also.
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

key words cap,

FEDERAL FORECASTERS.....

they can estimate the size of the crop same way they can est. income..................

0 Kudos
kyjlong
Frequent Contributor

Corn is not largest source of farm income.

Unless major changes have occurred since I looked, Meats (cattle, hogs, & poultry) are the largest sector.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

capinegro...................if you actually farmed you would know how huge the slug of DP has pushed money into alternate years..........

there is a pile of 11 money that got pushed to 12.............a pile of 11 and 12 money and insurance pushed to 13.............a pile of 12 and 13 income pushed to 14 and beyond...........

wake up dude.............hell there is some pushed clear out to 15..........and yes its doable................

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT QUESTIONS THE GOVERNMENT........................SHAT BOYZ.................WAKE UP...............THE GOVERNMENT AND THEIR NUMBERS IS THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD TRUST..................

WAKE UP AND THINK ON YOUR OWN FOR ONCE..............

TRYING TO CORRELATE INCOME AND CROP SIZE........................wtfu DUDE..................

ECIN
Senior Advisor

Good post there MT-1 - Cap look at this way - Last year my corn average was 103 bpa - at  7.50 that = 772.50 an acre --- This year was the best corn I ever raised - Ever ! Average 220 times 4 bucks = 880. - Thats the ticket .

0 Kudos