cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Farmers' Posts on Social Media Can Affect Importers' Decisions

Hate to tell ya BA.   I can't find any reason to be bullish the corn market either.... my spot (a small spot) on the board says I am bullish.  But I don't see it.  

The people who did usda celebration on Friday are not us....... If you look at it that way.  usda reporting is a service to the international grain trade.  The international trade corporations who own the grain going both ways.  They are the folks who contribute to congressional campaigns and lobby congress on a first name basis.  And they are the ones that advertise to keep publications in business.  No one it that group gets their hands dirty.  

Under the regulations in place in the US we cannot produce more than 10 billion bushel of corn at a price in the $3.50 range economically.  Yet the rest of the world will be allowed to.  Congress keeps the regulations high and the grain prices low on a monthly basis, and their not going to get caught again like they did in 2011-12.  To serve the international corperate market.  If our congress represented their people they would not allow the get rich political parties to create monopolies for international companies...  but they don't and they don't.  Seems the $$ drives everything.  

BA we did elect "nancy" ----- the teachers union prom queen.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey SW,  perhaps I should choose a different word for the Dakota territory Bears and Red River Valley Bears...they actually cheer for the grain prices to go down, they are shorting all the time and unfortunately the way the markets been going the last 5 years, that probably was the way to make money.   But on the other site there was a guy that was so obnoxiously bearish that he got banned and now there`s another one from up there I think "Century farmer" who plants or claims to plant way into June and then late summer rolls back husk on picket fence stands of 18X45 ears of corn and posts pictures of it ...but that`s the way they are up there Smiley Mad   then he brags about 14 billion bushel crop coming and +180 nat yield.  Well, I guess this goes back to the original message of the thread about posting on social media.  

I know "if you can do it, it ain`t bragging" and I get it don`t feed the trolls , if I kept a 5 gallon pail of 18X45 ears around and every September tied them to corn stalks with fishing line and posted pictures of the "monster crop coming!!!" I could yank everyone`s chain too.  But these northwest cornbelt bears are psychotically so, way beyond us "I doubt if we`ll get $4 for our corn in 2020" type realism.   i`m not so damned bearish that I`d actually bet money on it, though that`d probably be the only profit I`d make for the year   🙂

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

At  one  upon  a  time ,  we  had  a  population  of  rural  voters,  and  their  youth  have  left  arena ,  replaced  with  100  foot  sprayers,  and  foreigners  that  can't  vote  -  reap  what  we  sew  -   -   -

Richard S. Wheeler  and  Rick  Friday  are  the  messengers,  while  the  regret  sets  in ,  keep  those  check-off  $$$$$$$  flow -ing  to  help  support  things  liken  to  a  Almond  Tree  Dairy  parlors ,  or  a  veg-gee  patty  kill  floors  -   -   -

Is  the check-off  rate  in  Brazil , for  grains  and  meats,  similar  to  U.S. -  ? 

Do  off- shore  customers  get  ''  volume  seed  discounts ''  and  or  have  to  pay  mileage  for  a  ''  tech -nician  to  perform  service  to  a  failed  piece  of  planting  - harvest  equipment  -  ? 

Dirty  hands  -  is  an  easy  fix ,    K - Street,  is  a  whole,  another story  -  maybe  - ? 

I  didn't  vote  for  the  California  Prom Queen,  although  the  costume , forked  tongue  party,  may  be  closer  to  you  than  one  might  admit,  and  limited  Ambassadorships  positions  available -  have  been  filled  - ?       

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Folks  -  there is a Mega sized dairy,  for sale,  New Mexico location,  with  rail  siding, which might be an opportunity of relief, consumption, or  over -supply commodities,   from  the  N W corn belt -  by  rail   -  -  -     

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Although I hear the herd is made up mostly of Devin Nunes Cows.

0 Kudos