cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbs
Senior Advisor

Feeding a troll

I have said it before, but I think it bears repeating. Trolls post to get a response....they live in a world where they lack friends in real life, they are shunned by neighbors and relatives, and the only human interaction they get is when they can trigger an online response.

When you can clearly see that a poster is clinically insane, it probably is best to just leave them alone. Here at the SF forums, the budget cuts probably eliminated any patrolling, so you are going to have a troll infestation. The "other site", where I now do the bulk of my posting, gets rid of trolls, but even there they seem to keep coming back.

8 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Feeding a troll

Trolls are to be expected in this day & age in the Forum/cesspool.   It wasn`t always that way in the Don Kraft days, it was more civilized.   It`s a shame the Market page is all that`s left, but as we see a few threads down the trolls are infringing here too.  The one character in the cesspool thinks the only way she can win an argument is to "Dox" those she disagrees with.  Trouble is she isn`t good at it and innocent people are potentially harmed. 

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

KGBA has been the perfect Useful Idiot for anti-American Russian disinformation for well more than a decade.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Nothing matter with any of these things in proper proportion, but mental and character defects associated with gunz, white supremacy, “libertarianism” and rural cultural narcissism were the backdoor wormholes they found into the American psyche.

They are succeeding.

0 Kudos
erikjohnson61y
Senior Advisor

Good job rsbs & BA - you managed to troll a troll!!

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

this is a marketing forum.

Too bad there is no market for a troll.

I could do quite well buying him for what he is worth and merchandising him for what he thinks he is worth.

rsbs
Senior Advisor

see, these posts are funny, and poke fun in a creative way.

The sad nutz guy, and the karen woman just come off in a mean, not funny manner. 

The tipping point for me was when those two danced on the grave of a long time poster here...Craig Milligan.

Totally classless, and uncalled for.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

4 votes for Putin!

Funny-not funny that not so long ago, Putin scored higher approval in the US than such domestic luminaries as Hillary and way, way higher among certain demographics.

I doubt that has changed a great deal even as Putin has personally embarked on a massive, unprovoked war of aggression involving vast war crimes and pervasive rape of women and children. It isn't that The Folk approve, it is that they live in an information bubble where inconvenient truths like climate change, pandemics, a multi-pronged coup against the Constitution are hoaxes and conspiracies against their mythical exceptionalism.

"Agriculture" has a real fascism problem.  You may win and take all the chips but my very best guess is that nobody wins.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Of course Russia has an even larger portion of its population willing to accept anything captive media tells them.

And that is now a full blown fascist totalitarian state.

0 Kudos