cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Feedlot report 1/13 Overnights

Slept very well.     so the early report is out there  and your looking at it --- another +16 cents for corn with higher during the night, beans up 1 or 2    HRW up  7 more.

So corn is at a $5+ price for 2 years out in this area....... And the seed has been advertised at a price-- so you got a chance of controling the seed price in 2021.   sell a little... so you have a berma shave sign out there to hate or wish you painted bigger.  Now 2022, well the seed cartel may have a $1200/unit price on that by March and a notice that the good numbers are sold out.  Or maybe the 2021 seed will now go through some production snafu and replacement seed for 21 will have a SIR charge of $695.00/unit..... routed through Peru.    Well enjoy the morning

Sellin' On The River Every Tuesday at 10:00 AM

Cattle sold yesterday in Beaver   --- everyone of them knowing every meal is gonna cost more at the Yard they headed for.  Lots of Booing through the ring.
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Feedlot report 1/13 Overnights

Lots  of  Booing  -  north of you,  also , with a CONservative  $pending  appropriation  of shuttling  Midwest  National Guard  Troops  to  D.C.  -  to  undo the  temper  tantrum  fiasco  -  -  -

U S D A  has  a  long  way  to  go  to even  match -  top,  the  past  week  of  events  -  -  -

Bin  $eed  for  silage,  might  be  a  clear  option  -  -  -      

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Bought my seed & fertilizer last year, it was the ..

I bought my seed & fertilizer last year (Dec).  It was the prudent thing to do, there was plenty of warning.  If you didn't hedge your cattle feed, whose fault was that.

That's not to say I haven't made mistakes like that before, myself.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Good point rick.  keep your mask on......

Senior Advisor

Rick -  wish  I  could  hedge  ""  $400.oo  fat  cattle  slaughter  margin$  "" ,  although  on  the  pork  side  they  are  using  check  off  dollar$  to  study '''' why '''  the  demand  for  '' ground pork '' has  increased  in  2020  - ?

Is  this  ''''  rocket  science ''  -  A . I. ,  6  month,  committee  topic  of  discussion  -  maybe ?  

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Maybe  I  missed  the  Cliff  Notes , on  Total  Digestible  Nutrients ( T D N ) ,  of  C M E  paper  in feedlot  rations  - ?  

0 Kudos