cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Festus said it right

one time doc quized festus why did he learn to read..........festus responded (and i hope i get this right), how do ya know if the feller who wrote the reading wrote the reading right ?....

perhaps he was talking about some the stuff in agriculture news today......................

We had a WASE report today.............they have such good goru's, they can see into the future for 10 years and tell us how

much grain we will produce, and what the price will be.............

the trade reads and acts on such reports...........but just as festus said......how do ya know if the feller who wrote the reading wrote

the reading right ???

also, recent USDA reports come to mind.............were the reading wrote right, and what he wrote was right?

just imagine, if we had the wase and usda experts working for the nws.....imagine getting long range forecasts wrote

by this bunch............

oh......something i thought was interesting.....There is plenty of grain this year, but much is owned by the farmers this year.....

now, hows come, if the grain is in the farmers hands, there is an abundance ?

now.....following the same logic......if the grain is in the farmers hands, and they will not sell, and the commericals can't

get any grain becouse the farmers own it.........is there a grain shortage ????

is a grain shortage when you need it and you don't have it, but there is plenty of it around, but you cant get it from the feller

who has it, will not sell it ????

miss kitty i need a beer......doc's buying........................

oh yea.......hows come doc has money for beer..........he used to take chickens and everyting else for treatment, i guess that was

before blue cross and blue shield.........but did you ever see anyone pay doc ?????????

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Festus said it right

Well, farmers are "price takers" and those sealing and storing have two chances "drought and none".  I think since this low prices deal seems to now be a thing, our only chance for profit is like back in the 80`s when you "made your money buying" cheaper inputs.  The suppliers are going to do all they can to drag their feet on that by consolidating their competition ie, Dow/DuPont, Monsanto/Syngenta, co-op mergers, ect economics of scale, ya know.

I listened to a auctioneer sermonize in the middle of the sale about the obvious hit that feeder cattle have taken and blaming "electronic trade"....well, feeders and fats sold at sale barns have been a premium to the board prices, last year cattle prices were so high it was as though the board never existed.  He hoped things would be better next year because "things sure can`t get any worse".

...are you kidding me????  Yes things can get worse, much worse.  Here`s a feeder cattle chart, we are only back down to 2013 prices, which were by far the highest any sane person would`ve dreamt of up to that point.

http://futures.tradingcharts.com/chart/GF/M?anticache=1449924470

roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

It's too bad that Matt never hung his hat up at Kitty's place............................................

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Some of these guys that do the writing about future inventories sit in an office,never met mother nature.They usualy won't buy into mother nature until the last combine is parked.Almost!

0 Kudos