cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Fields in IA, IL

IL has 25 counties with rivers or streams @ or above flood stage. IA -19 cty's - then 28 more counties in IA within 5 % of flood stage.

.....anybody know what those fields look like?

thanks,

c-x-1

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Fields in IA, IL

CX, In my area of central IL, Many more acres are lost to ponding than river flooding. My WAG is 5% of emerged corn and beans are dead and will need replanting due to drown out. A few fields were planted right before the rains and appear to be struggling to emerge, but too soon to tell. Some of the most recently emerged plants appear to be struggling with fungus disease, but again too soon to be sure. Early May corn is yellow due to either lack of Nitrogen or Oxygen or both. Prolly 30% of beans still in the bag.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Production agriculture. You haven't figured it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

thanks hanktbd,

i suspected the ponding and was looking at the river/stream data as a relative barometer. There has bound to be and have been a significant amount in IL, IA, n MO, se MN, and some portions of WI in the last 2.5 weeks or so..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Or it's planted and you have egg on your face.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Some folks contibute to this site........some folks don't.      

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Just got to pretend he's not posting and move on. I mean, that raw guy lied and no one read him. Plus, he constantly repeats the same thing over and over and uses 1 paragraph like he's still in high school
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

When one has nothing to say or few original thoughts, it doesn't take many syllables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wonder if he copy and pasted it? Haha!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wrestler, quit being an Internet troll from the safety of your mommas basement. If you want to refute something someone posts here or add some original thoughts to the discussion that's great. But it seems your just a troll