cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk April 12

Careful Cat..... There are a lot of people that want to cut off those sprouting bull horns.....:~).......p-oed

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Just a follow up to my post below..... I do not think it to be a coincidence that so many of these questionable stocks reports started to appear as the E industry came about just a few yrs ago......p-oed

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I have four words for Mr. Prusacki............Garbage in,  garbage out.         

Someone is not being honest.......okay, that is more than four words.....more like 9.    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

p-oed,

I tend to follow your idea of all the commercials, particularly E. Mr. P's last answer on interview --paraphrasing--"we have not changed or updated our collection methodology"

the way commercials buy, store, use has evolved?? therein lies (pun intended) the problem.

another thought....so it costs commercials to store corn, differing amounts depending on type facility.........what if they can make significantly more $$$ shorting before a dollar break in corn----- than storage costs? Just asking a valid question???

0 Kudos
Friend

alot of tiger tears when reports dont go your way of thinking, this is 3 3rd year in a row you said we were going to run out of corn, you were wrong the first 2 years, so i dont think your corn bushel counting method is any better then usda

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We would have if we would have not started harvest in early augustSmiley Happy. Looks like it's going to take some 60 day corn to make it at that time this year.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

ssedman.... I am not crying any tiger tears over the report.... The point that I am trying to make is this report screwed a lot more people than just farmers who might have corn to sell..... What about the end user that bought the day before the report and and should have waited...... The effect of the reports cuts both ways..... The problem is as I see it is they have been having trouble with this 200 to 300 mil so called phantom bu for now going on a couple of yrs...... Maybe just maybe they need to do something different as what they are doing now just is not cutting it........ p-oed

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Mike,

It brings a smile when you watch him struggle so hard to admitt even one of his numbers is not a fact, but is actually an estimate.

When truely they are all just "best guess estimates".

The problem of unreliability or misstrust with the governments data begins with the way they try to missrepresent it as good as fact.

Senior Contributor

We would have were we not importing corn from S.A.  ,or is there still people who do not think that we are importing corn?

0 Kudos