cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL

A lot of the beans go to the PNW ports by rail. Except specialty stuff I'll guess most of the beans go in hopper cars, unit trains. I know containers are preferred in some Pacific Rim ports by some businesses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Floor Talk April 14

I think commercial vs farm stored figures are available by state. Gives a rough idea.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm suddenly getting double the # of texts than usual on wheat prices. I think this is the golden opportunity by consolidators and exporters to try and get SWW by those who need to sell or might throw in the towel.  Most will be in very tight hands but, it's a high margin, low volume game starting now. Every opportunity to buy will be worked on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: The yield monitors on the wheat that's left

Might ( on the Good Days ) run a Lot of 18 to 25 bu per acre.

( in Most of the supposed big wheat areas )

good luck to the paper cowboys talking all that lower there ( when there really ain't much Good Cash wheat to be had  ) MO.

heck disk the lost and plant milo is the best option for the bare areas Now..

granted some h2o would help 2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Two quick things.

A) last week the figures were 62% of Brazil's beans were already sold. That's real close to 2/3 that's not big? Harvest is just barely almost over.

B) is it just SW, Bkads, and I that know what is going on out west?  It's a drought, nothing grows without moisture, they ain't got none.

Just what is it your gonna plant that can germinate and produce a crop in the dust, with fourty mph winds, and 90+° temps? Most of you have no real clue what dry really is.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I mean, we're running out of SWW and the price is going DOWN in sympathy with the CBOT. What's not to like about seeing how this turns out !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Mike,

It may be that we don't lose too much yield potential until planting time gets around mid-May, thus not too much affect on the market until that time passes.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If someone offered me 25BPA to buy all my wheat at this point, I'd have to think real hard for a reason not to accept it.

Never fear, wheat is harvested nearly every day somewhere in the world and we are a wash anyway. Maybe not even worth planting anymore.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Jim, sorry to bother you on this forum but would like your e-mail address.  Mine is scheernj@mtcnet.net.  Need to know if you brother in law at Rock Valley is still in practice???   I sold you the 1855, from Sanborn Iowa  TIA Jerry Scheerhoorn

0 Kudos