cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohio474
Contributor

Re: Floor Talk April 25

Could be a limit up day.  Havent had one for a wile.  

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

No official word on soybean sales. But, wow, a lot of corn is flying out of the U.S. corn store. Mannnnnn.

0 Kudos
farsider
Senior Contributor

That March weather had a lot of people very optimistic including the USDA with that April report. This April weather could be knocking down that optimism just a bit.
0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

A lot of planters started running locally yesterday.  Me, I'm still spraying burndown for another day or so.

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

We haven't gotten the start USDA wanted and now china is cleaning out our cellars! I need another USDA report to say we have a 800mb co and 14.5 bbu crop coming. I'm getting nervous Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Just had a call from a nieghbor that was going to start today.

Told me how much mud they found yesterday just running their rotary harrow. I mentioned I wasn't wasting seed in the mud with low 50 degree weather and showers/rain coming for the next 5 days, especially since it is still APRIL.

Two more weeks and my attitude will change but till then I and my seed are better off not planted.

Didn't I take that 14? number thing challange from MT? This will be the 5th year in a row of this down here at the "end of the rainbow."

That trailer load of beans I sold at the end of yesterday's rally already appears to have been a mistake except for the fact it was 14.24 and that is way better than at harvest. Hard to go broke making that kind of money.

I have to wonder when the bean basis will improve around here ... it's at -40, corn is/was -4

0 Kudos
Mustafay
Friend

Hi every1

I have just joined this forum and found it very useful.

Here in turkey, the soymeal users are very concerned about rising soymeal prices.

There is a high possibility that the price will continue to rise untill China stop asking for soy.

The production picture of South America is very poor and would not be better than last forecast made by Oil World.

0 Kudos
p-oed Farmer
Senior Contributor

Welcome Mustafay.......p-oed

0 Kudos
too close for comfort
Senior Contributor

COME ON DOWN TO CRAZY SAMS HUGE BLOWOUT SALE ON CORN. WE HAVE SO MUCH CORN ON HAND IT'S LITERATELY RUNNING INTO THE STREETS. YOU WON'T FIND A BETTER PRICE ANYWHERE GUARANTEED. HUGE HUGE DISCOUNTS.

Anyone suprised that it's lower?

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

too close,   Let's hope it's not a going out of business sale!

0 Kudos