cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk, April 3, 2019

At the close, the May futures finished 1 1/4¢ higher at $3.62. July futures finished 1 1/4¢ higher at $3.72.

May soybean futures closed 1 1/4¢ lower at $8.98 3/4. July soybean futures finished 1 1/4¢ lower at $9.12 1/4.

May wheat futures ended 7¢ higher at $4.71.

May soymeal futures ended $0.40 short ton higher at $311.00.

May soy oil futures closed 0.16 lower at 28.80¢ per pound.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.21 lower, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 14 points higher.

Jack Scoville, PRICE Futures Group, says that investors want to know if there is a deal with China or not.

“We are on China watch it seems, now that the weather is more quiet. But there will still be planting delays and switched acres, we are just away from that idea now with the reports out. Eyes turning a bit to the monthly supply and demand and we know that we have supplies, we know that from last week. Disappointing soybeans and wheat action, given the weaker dollar and the fact the dollar is failing against resistance. A pretty slow day in the grains,” Scoville says.

Mike

-------

At midsession:

At midsession, the May futures are 3/4¢ higher at $3.62. July futures are 3/4¢ higher at $3.71.

May soybean futures are 1¢ higher at $9.01. July soybean futures are 3/4¢ higher at $9.14 1/4.

May wheat futures are 1 3/4¢ higher at $4.65 3/4.

May soymeal futures are $0.50 short ton higher at $311.00. 

May soy oil futures are 0.17 lower at 28.79¢ per pound.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.263 lower, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 96 points higher.

Mike

--------------

At 9:06am:

In early trading, the May futures are 2¢ higher at $3.63. July futures are 2¢ higher at $3.72 3/4.

May soybean futures are 5¢ higher at $9.00. July soybean futures are 5¢ higher at $9.14.

May wheat futures are 6¢ higher at $4.70.

May soymeal futures are $0.40 short ton higher at $311.00.

May soy oil futures are 0.04 lower at 28.92¢ per pound.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.13 higher, the U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 5 points higher.

Al Kluis, Kluis Advisors, says that investors are shifting their focus.

“Further gains in soybeans could help corn prices grind higher. Headlines have not had much impact so far this week, however there are reports overnight from both US and Chinese officials that they feel a trade deal is getting very close to becoming reality. I think grain traders will need to see the dry ink of a signed deal before they adjust positions,” Kluis told customers in a daily note.

He added, “Will the wet forecasts for the central and eastern Corn Belt hold true? Current rainfall estimates would slow fieldwork and push back starting dates for already flooded areas.”

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor

Re: Floor Talk, April 4, 2019

Floor talk, April 4. Did I read this right, Marketeye is now giving us the market moves 24 hours in advance? Thanks buddy! lol
0 Kudos
Advisor

TRUST

Once that is re established and folks ( Globally ) embrace it....

Then these markets will really rock due to the pent up lack of trust factors of the recent past.

The time of Global Trust btw is Now.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: TRUST

I think the rules of marketing talk only on the marketing forum have him a bit confused.  That being said, anyone contracting new crop at these prices?  I am not.........better days are sure to come.........Dream Big!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8okOgw-jn4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk, April 4, 2019

tree fmr,

Sorry. My bad. I didn't catch that until, this morning. I've been screwed up on my days of the week, all week, for some reason.

Thanks for calling it out.

Mike