cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Re: There are problems with wheat in Kansas

Palouser,

The trade expects the Kansas Crop Tour scouts to find a crop with the potential of producing 390-420 million bushels. Based upon what you know, what do you think of that range?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

Re: There are problems with wheat in Kansas

It depends entirely on how large an area is growing currently good looking wheat on ground with no subsoil moisture. It's a figure I don't know. I expect good yields in those area that don't have the problem. Perhaps some could either report what is going on and where they are - in terms of subsoil moisture and the current state of the wheat. There's no doubt in my mind that it will be a race between fill and the coming heat for some portion of the wheat. And of course any significant moisture to come.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk April 30

Expanded hours I personally would not like because makes for a longer day.  But if change is going to happen then I will have to conform.

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Yes, electronic trading would be open 22 hours a day essentially. Just a rumor floating around twitter among a bunch of analysts but CME I guess just came out and said no comment. Some were speculating it was contemplating this to better compete with ICE which starts trading 5 AG futures on May 14th I believe. Personally I spend to much time watching the markets as they are now, 22 hours would be to long! But probably just a rumor
0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Buckley_HF,

You're all over this like a bloodhound. You're right, the CME Group squelched the rumor today. Here is (full story).

Mike

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Haha. Thanks mike. Too much time inside today on a GORGEOUS rainy day in EC IL. Got 1.5-2" of much needed rain. Heat hopefully coming tomorrow. Really make this corn take off. Nice day to watch markets at least
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

That much rain should boost planting progress another 30% by tomorrow. Smiley Happy at least in Washington.

Wheat still sub soil short in sw ks. And many acres were poor stands from the,start. Better wht up the middle of the state.
0 Kudos
rightone
Senior Contributor

Re: Mike I think 012 is

year china finally gets REAL on buying corn.

Just makes sense to get rid of some asia dollars ( usd residing in asia ) for alot of the pac basin now.

1 trillion or so to much is simply to much.

Keep in mind the Real ( BR ) is one of thee globe's very strong currencies.

BR won't export much and will likely buy corn ( and E ) too.

There's NEVER been a better global currency diametric that dicates usa agri exports for 012.

0 Kudos