cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk April 8

........been sittin' here watchin' my charts wonderin' why they're not movin'----oh yeah...Drrrrrrrrrr!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

High yields.....what part of the country are you in??

CX----read the article again....US was importing ethanol last July, not corn from SA

0 Kudos
Contributor

Where is Informa on pre-report estimate ?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

thanks ray, must not of had my "readers" on, yet.

---so, rationing etoh thats refined from corn had begun then......still interesting.......you mighta already known??? 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

cx, I don't think you understand the importation of ethanol. Sugarcane produced ethanol receives advanced bio fuel RINs. The CARB board in Calif. has set this up to stifle corn ethanol. They claim sugarcane ethanol is more enviromentally freindly, so they have set the RIN value higher 1.5 to 1 for corn based ethanol. This makes importing ethanol in from Brazil  economical at times. Mostly all of last year. Starting in Jan imports ceased as the Brazil gov't requires their ethanol makers to store enough ethanol to get to the next sugar crop. So as of now their is verylittle ethanol being imported.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

i don't understand much about it.

so does importation of cane etoh not effect bottom line amount of US etoh production?  thanks teaspoon.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ray,  I'm 45 miles south of Omaha Nebraska.  

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Highyields....given that location I would say the corn is likely hedged and either may be sold for delivery/loading in the next 60 days, or might likely be sold by the time May futures go into delivery.....

we own big chunks of corn from commercial elevators for the next 2-3 months as well.....but the crop in central Iowa was not big enough to warrant big groundpiles, or at least ones that stayed out very long last fall....

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Could you summarize the marketing behavior of farmers in your area after this last report?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

It's been about as quiet a ten day stretch as I can remember....

now, I do have to say there was heavy movement in the week before the report, including some really big spot delivery days .

we went from 70,000 spots per day just before the report----to less than 10,000 per day

but there has not been a wholesale change in basis levels.....probably because so much of the corn owned by the commercial elevators is hedged versus May futures.....and the futures to July are inverted....so they are kind of stuck in a bad spot if there is not enough buy side interest to let them sell against their current position....

the games people play!

0 Kudos