cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Floor Talk August 10

I need a new/good used chaffer for my combine that I`m trying to massage another season out of.  Worthington it`s about $1,000 and I`m afraid they`d ship one that`s in the same condition as mine.  So, it`s time to restock brazing rods and make do rather than spend "300 bushels of corn" on a different one.  But the report made beans drop 45 cents?  I`m thinking there`s much more to low prices than only "tariff talk".

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

the world's ag economy has been booming for the last 17 years.

China may not be the black hole that all ag production can be poured into. They are not having robust bids on their state owned grain reserves. Something like 10% of a week ago' s bean auction moved.

I see too many parallels to the housing thing of '08. Any time young people can't get into farming something is wrong.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

So everybody destroy 4% of their corn acres and we will get carryout down to 1 billion
0 Kudos
Advisor

USA production goes up, So does usage

The globes only available spare agri product supply for the next year happens to be the USA.....Again.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"So everybody destroy 4% of their corn acres and we will get carryout down to 1 billion "  Those of us in NIA and SMN did our part this year   Smiley Happy

I don`t know what the answer is, supply management that would have to be government involvement?   Many wouldn`t like that, they`d rather have trade even if that would entail the greater US economy running trade deficits.    Keep going the way we`re going?  I guess that`s my plan, figure out how to survive on possibly $2 corn and $7 beans for just 3 more years and never ever borrow another nickel again.  What the President is trying to accomplish on trade could possibly be a positive wildcard, because one of the few things China buys from us is ag products.  If we could make an agreement that would involve lowering our $400 billion trade deficit, by them buying exclusively US ag products and no more "Ractopamine pork and Starlink corn" fiascos perpetrated by them. 

0 Kudos

usda keeps bad reports under wraps so the food supply here stays cheap, even if production is at a loss.  we dont want farmers to make $8 corn again, because the public would ask for answers, thanks Obama for making it ok to not report all of the facts.   But fuel,seed, and fertilizer are still very high- you need to ask why. 

Veteran Advisor

You blame Obama for hiding the bad news
At USDA....but have you seen the current
One ""correct"" it ????

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Drought is taking care of my contribution to supply management.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

???

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The staff top to bottom leans politically left so your right Obama’s does not deserve credit. Been that way for decades.
0 Kudos