Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk August 13

Thank you Mike.

0 Kudos
Jeff_a_Caldwell
Senior Contributor

Can you tell me what link you tried to click to get here that wouldn't allow you in and where you were on the site? Also, can you show me where the link is that successfully allowed you in? Thank you!

Jeff

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Kstster85,

I agree that it is assumed we will run at full capacity,  why on earth not.  It was profitable at $7 corn and is at $3.50 corn.  And capacity is growing.

But how on earth can you say that an industry that uses nearly 40% of the crop is irrelevant to the price???  

ya lost me.

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Why not build more etoh plants, and maybe
Start to use wheat too.

Imagine...
Everyone's belly is full due to cheap food
Plus we can drive around with etoh..and
not need to import as much.....

But what worries me.....wonder if we really
Had a good crop......would the price be
three digits or just 2 ?

So many people do not understand, they
Think we are like all the other industrys, where you pay the price the seller sets.

We are the opposite.

How do we turn the table?
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

All the bears like to yell "conspiracy nut" when you ask questions.

But have we ever had a time when good accounting was needed more?

0 Kudos
Kstater85
Veteran Contributor

You can build new ethanol plants because new plants won't be grandfathered into RIN program. You can't make RINs with a new plant. You can't get financing to build a plant without RINs. If you use same amount of corn no matter price then you have no role in price discovery. Kind of like high fructose corn syrup. Big user no role in price discovery.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I would think they are hedging a forward contract position same as other buyers.  I can check that quickly.

I ws thinking about the cellulostic plant at hugoton in building process.  Originally planned for 30% cell and 70 grain with cellulosis used in the elec generation process.  Still to come on line.  

0 Kudos