cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk August 27

At 9:45am:

On Thursday, private exporters reported to the U.S. Department of Agriculture export sales of 130,000 metric tons of soybeans for delivery to unknown destinations during the 2015/2016 marketing year.

The marketing year for soybeans began Sept. 1.

Mike

---------

At the open:

At the open, the Dec. corn futures are trading 1 cent higher at $3.74.  Nov. soybean futures are trading 11 cents higher at $8.76.

Dec. wheat futures are 3/4 of a cent lower at $4.93.

Dec. soymeal futures are trading $2.40 per short ton higher at $316.30. Dec. soyoil futures are trading $0.53 higher at $26.97. 

In the outside markets, the Brent Crude oil market is $1.78 higher per barrel, the U.S. dollar is higher, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 205 points higher.

Mike

--------------

At 7:30am:

Wheat=  529,100 mt vs. the trade’s expectations of 250,000-425,000 metric tons,

Corn= 1.118 mmt vs. the trade’s expectations of 400,000-900,000 metric tons,

Soybeans= 1.589 mmt vs. the trade’s expectations of  500,000-1,100,000 metric tons and

Soybean meal = 149,900 mt vs. the trade’s expectations of 50,000-275,000 metric tons.

Mike

------------

At 6:00am:

Early calls: Corn 1-2 cents higher, soybeans 10-11 cents higher, and wheat 2-4 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets = Trading higher.
Crude Oil = $1.63 higher.
Dollar =Hgher.  
Wall Street = Seen higher.

World Markets = Europe stocks were higher, Asia/Pacific stocks were higher.

On location: I have the opportunity to speak with a group of farmers in Indiana, today. I'm excited to be in the eastern Corn Belt. Looks like, right around the Indiana/Illinois border some crops did have a tough year. If you are near Brook, Indiana, stop by the community center. I would love to say hi.

More in a minute,

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Floor Talk August 27

Mike,

Decatur Farm Progress Show has corn harvested on West side shows on Camera 1 as it cycles, will probably be used for field working Demo, 5  cameras

@marketeye wrote:

At 6:00am:

Early calls: Corn 1-2 cents higher, soybeans 10-11 cents higher, and wheat 2-4 cents higher.

Trackers:
Overnight grain, soybean markets = Trading higher.
Crude Oil = $1.63 higher.
Dollar =Hgher.  
Wall Street = Seen higher.

World Markets = Europe stocks were higher, Asia/Pacific stocks were higher.

On location: I have the opportunity to speak with a group of farmers in Indiana, today. I'm excited to be in the eastern Corn Belt. Looks like, right around the Indiana/Illinois border some crops did have a tough year. If you are near Brook, Indiana, stop by the community center. I would love to say hi.

More in a minute,

Mike

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for the report Mike. Nice export numbers! You should take a trip a little further east, corn in central Indiana look as bad or worse than my 2012 crop.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Blacksandfarmer,

Yeah, I'm being told by the locals, in Brook, Indiana, the yields will be down 50-60%. Too much rain, then too much heat, and now a cool spell. I feel for these folks.....little crop + low prices. The best thing that they have to look forward to is the market staying lower in order to qualify for a higher ARC payment, I guess.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Floor Talk August 27, perhaps 2 bad You seem to have

missed the closes on bout everything.
0 Kudos