Re: Floor Talk August 6

Thinking the same thing ------ One of my favorite treats

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

MARKET COMMENTARY August 06, 2014

By Maurice Gardner

The news in the market today was centered around the fears of an escalation of tensions in Ukraine, with reports of a buildup of

Russian Troops near the border of the two countries. Even as beneficial rains moved through the mid-west both corn and beans closed near the highs of the day for both crops.

The corn market followed wheat higher with the September contract closing .07 higher at $3.62 1/2, the December contract also closed .07 higher at 3.74 1/2. Soybeans didn’t move much early in the trade but got into the rally about midsession. The November new crop contract regained much of yesterday’s losses closing up .14 1/2 at $10.80.   

Repeating from 8/5/14

With the crop report coming out one week from now, expect some discussion about the methodology used, especially regarding ear weights. The consensus view is that our cool temperatures and mostly adequate moisture will eventually result in larger than average ear size.

Always plenty to think about!

Cargill, Eddyville, Iowa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

"ear weights"

If I say that out loud my wife will stare at me funny.

We are a long ways from worrying about anything close to that.  We are checking for polination in places and milk stage is next.

It is a little immature for ear weights, and ear tattoos are clear out of the question.

0 Kudos