cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Floor Talk December 1, 2020

At the close:

At the close, the March corn futures closed 5 1/4¢ lower at $4.20 1/4. May corn futures closed 5¢ lower at $4.24 1/2.

January soybean futures closed 6 1/2¢ lower at $11.62 1/2. March soybean futures finished 6 1/2¢ lower at $11.63 1/2.

March wheat futures ended 7 3/4¢ lower at $5.77 1/4.

Jan. soymeal futures closed $0.30 per short ton lower at $390.20.

Jan. soy oil futures closed 0.48 of a cent lower at 37.01¢ per pound.

In the outside markets, the NYMEX crude oil market is $0.79 per barrel lower (-1.74%) at $44.55. The U.S. dollar is lower, and the Dow Jones Industrials are 303 points higher (+1.02%) 29,942 points.

Mike

---------

At 8:45am:

Soybeans fall 25¢ in the last two trading sessions.

THanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Didn't Al say, "after thanksgiving...."

An out-of-control pandemic doesn't help.  The way it's going will there be anyone healthy enough to load beans (or corn for that matter) anyhow?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Didn't Al say, "after thanksgiving...."

Spoiler
Nonsense.  This whole bullish move has occurred during the blame trump pandemic political movement.  But let’s all look for the number of new cases created by loading corn and bean transport vessels.  I load them daily.  But then I had the little virus when I took my wife to a hospital and got exposed.   Healthcare treatment facilities are the primary spreaders in Kansas.  Not schools or restaurants.  We elect idiots but that also has nothing to do with commodity prices. 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: How about you prove you had the virus.

Show us a lab report with a  positive test result, you can hid the name.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

My wife has a positive covid test from southwest medical center, liberal Kansas.  Tested November 2—- fever and urinary infection—put her in the covid floor for 18 hours because of the + test— called demanding she go home without symptoms the third day ... she never had it and never contracted it.  But her husband did by November 8th.  His only possible source was that hospital.  

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

That didn't take long to go from panic of no one will be healthy enough to work to prove to me you had it.

lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

What did Lincoln say about being better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.