cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Dreibus
Veteran Contributor

Floor Talk December 14

Soybeans were lower overnight while grains were little changed. Trading is quiet this time of year as the `Holiday Trade' sets in. Soybeans lost about 5 cents, corn and wheat both moved by less than a penny. Ethanol production fell from a weekly record, but not by much, declining to the second-highest output on record. The USDA raised its outlook on corn use for ethanol in Tuesday's WASDE, which is helping underpin prices. In weather news, it's December along the southern edge of Lake Michigan so it's not surprise that snow and strong winds are in the forecast for today. Check out all the details in today's 3 Big Things at https://www.agriculture.com/news/three-big-things/3-big-things-today-december-14.

Brent Crude Oil = down 0.4%.

West Texas Intermediate = down 0.4%.

Dollar = down 0.1%.

Wall Street = U.S. stock futures higher in pre-market trading.

World Markets = Global stocks mixed overnight.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Floor Talk December 14

Crap, is the report out ?  Who got the memo about beans?  

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Right if only I guy could have said this a week ago soybeans -30c + in a week, oh that’s right I did. It’s sad that I can call this crooked sh-t before it happens now. Shame it’s only one sided guy could make a buck if I could call it both ways.
0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Lol quite this time of year, wake up yahoo. Plus it’s not the holiday season it’s a holiday in 11 days, so get back to work. You guys and you week long holidays hilarious. Is that what options you people get when you have money? Wow really is a different life.!.
0 Kudos
cborman11
Senior Contributor

Yeah when they sit around the table and give thanks it's them thanking themselves for all the money they made and the stores for the food on the table.
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Ilinifarmer, 

Are you always this happy?

When I lose in business I try to find out why I lost and how I should avoid it next time.  I come from humble beginnings and I thank God, everyday,  for putting me in the position that my family is currently in.   Things can change in a hurry and I use my current status to do good for the community.  

0 Kudos
cborman11
Senior Contributor

We don't have control over our prices these idiots do.
0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Exactly with no control over my livelihood it is hard I’ll admit it. I work on and off three jobs so this is just my opinion on this system. If your asking if I’m happy the answer is not in a long long time. I don’t believe in god I’m a realist, I believe in things you can see and touch and prove not fantasy. That is a lot of the problem in this world. People always need something or someone to believe is going to save them, I try and get out there and do it myself. You know Gio I don’t remember any of this rhetoric when corn was 7$ and soybeans were 16$. Because everyone at the table was getting a piece. Not the 1/10 of 1% a lot like this new tax plan.
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Illinifarmer,

You can believe whatever you want and I really do not want to get into fighting over religion.  I just want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  May you be filled with a lot of Health and Happiness this coming year.  

Sincerely,

Giolucas

P.S. You to Cborman. 

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

You to Gio to you and yours of course, it was very nice of you. I also know in our position this is a topic you and I are completely not in a position or at all responsible for. Good to know there is still some genuine people out and about.
0 Kudos